What are your honest expectations for Liquid Swords II?

Do you expect it to be a better sequel then OB4CL2? Do you think he has it in him to live up to the name? Speak to me

Favorite Answer

Liquid Swords was the greatest hip hop album ever so it's not going to exceed the original.

That said, all of GZA's albums have been quality and I see no reason why this wont be any different. Either way, I cant wait to hear it.

They can bring out Liquid Swords 2, OBFCL 2, Ironman 2, Enter The Wu-Tang 2 etc etc but I dont think any would be as good as the originals. You cant beat that 90's RZA Wu song!

ob4cl2 was a good album. I thought for sure that it would be a stinker, given Raekwon's post-Cuban Linx discography, but he pulled it off. Ghostface probably had something to do with it.

GZA too has been on and off in his solo career. Liquid Swords was really great, and I was a teen and bought it right when it came out 15 years ago. So it's kind of like Old School Star Wars vs. New Star Wars---even though the special effects were crappy and dialogue was wack, I grew up with Empire Strikes Back and return of the Jedi, so they have a special place in my heart. It doesn't matter how good the new ones are, the bar is set really high.

But since Cuban linx last year was so damn good, I have a good feeling about the new Liquid swords. GZA is 44 years old now. But he's always sounded old, with his dark themes and his calm and intricate wordplay. Age suits him well.

I predict it will be as good as if not better than Cuban Linx 2. Naturally it will not be as good as Liquid Swords, since that is a classic.

I'm actually not expecting much. Hopefully he doesn't use his Pro Tools flow where he has no energy at all. I would rather expect little and get a lot than expect a lot and be disappointed.

I don't think it will be better than OB4CL2.

GZA will deliver, no doubt. I think GZA is and always has been the more talented emcee. On a lot of Rae's features he hasn't seem his old self either. OB4CL2 actually impressed me. GZA, I think will definatly deliver a classic. But probably not as good as the original.

If i look at it in comparison to liquid swords 1 it will never seem as good. But if i listen to it as a regular album i expect it to be pretty good, better than cuban linx. But until the leaks start getting released i don't really know what type of feel the album will have. But i got no reason to believe it will stink so im optimistic

Edit- @ salvador- http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=1112...

Got pushed to spring 2011 i believe

i do no longer understand surely. Its gonna count on the production. I surely do in contrast to professional procedures that plenty. yet Grandmasters replaced into dope so if we r going by his previous couple of albums i surely have 0 theory what direction he'd be getting into. enable's say if its produced by RZA with the comparable darkish apocalyptic topic because of the fact the 1st i anticipate greatness. Gza will grant lyrically as constantly yet while its wack beats. that's going to harm the album Bq- Hell Razah. Nas. Black theory. Ghostface. bq2- he's no longer gonna make a greater effectual album than liquid swords, its in simple terms no longer gonna take place imo. If he could make it as dope as grandmasters ill be relatively happy.

I love a bargain as much as anyone and I used to love all the cheap stuff I could find on eBay, but nowadays it seems so hard to find anything cheap over there and just when we're all finding it tougher to just pay our bills. I don't give up so I was looking for someplace online where I could still find myself a bargain... and by accident I came across this site I never heard of before where you get rock bottom prices from police impounded stuff, I mean I was worried about scams but this stuff is actually real and I got some real cheap stuff there... it's become my new eBay lol! Go to WinItems.com

Damn I'm behind when was LS2 announced?

i expect nothing but greatness.