Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 9 years ago

Help! My pre-lit Christmas tree lights are turning off and on...?

I literally put this tree up yesterday (this is my first time with a fake tree, let alone pre-lit) I don't know alot about fuses and stuff like that so I'm hoping someone could help. Just as I was about to take a picture of the tree to send to my mom, the top portion's lights all went out. I started checking the bulbs, and then, while not even touching an actual lightbulb...the lights went back on. It was very strange, because I wasn't actually touching any lightbulbs, just had my hand in the tree. How do I know if this is a fuse? Or a bad light? Is this unsafe? I know it sounds weird, but that's what's happening. As of right now the lights are on, but I'm still wondering what to do. Thanks.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think you must have a slightly loose bulb; I have had this exact thing happen and it turns out it was a bulb loose in the socet - not all the way out and when I wiggled the tree the loose bulb made a connection and all the lights came back on. I don't think it is dangerous but please refer to your instruction manual for safety regulations.

Source(s): Experience
  • 9 years ago

Thump each light in the strand that went out. You may find and replace a faulty light. It is not a fuse to your base plug or a breaker causing your problem. No one can Guarantee you if a strand of christmas lights are dangerous or not unless they are there. turn them off when you sleep and when you are gone if you have any doubt,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.