Help! My pre-lit Christmas tree lights are turning off and on...?

I literally put this tree up yesterday (this is my first time with a fake tree, let alone pre-lit) I don't know alot about fuses and stuff like that so I'm hoping someone could help. Just as I was about to take a picture of the tree to send to my mom, the top portion's lights all went out. I started... show more I literally put this tree up yesterday (this is my first time with a fake tree, let alone pre-lit) I don't know alot about fuses and stuff like that so I'm hoping someone could help. Just as I was about to take a picture of the tree to send to my mom, the top portion's lights all went out. I started checking the bulbs, and then, while not even touching an actual lightbulb...the lights went back on. It was very strange, because I wasn't actually touching any lightbulbs, just had my hand in the tree. How do I know if this is a fuse? Or a bad light? Is this unsafe? I know it sounds weird, but that's what's happening. As of right now the lights are on, but I'm still wondering what to do. Thanks.