NoneY asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

NFL: A Team to Root For?

After my highschool alma mater did especially well this season, it's reignited the passion I previously had for football. Only problem, I don't have a team that I feel a personal connection to, and my state's representative team (Dallas Cowboys) I have never been a fan of. Region does not matter to me, I want a team that will get me excited for the game, a team that will make me jump and scream at the TV.

So, in your opinion, what team should I root for?

Favorite Answer

it's honestly easiest to root for the team in youre region

but if that's not you want, take a look at the falcons, an exciting young team that's one of the best (if not THE best) teams in the NFL and have a great shot at winning the superbowl after 40 plus years of failure (aka the beginning of the franchise). the falcons actually play as a team with an amazing young QB in ryan, and amazing WR in white, a future HOFer in gonzalez, a tough RB in turner, and a bunch of other team players.

& if it helps, sam jackson says it's the falcons year to "rise up" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flBXW78dVEc

Youtube thumbnail

)

Pittsburgh Steelers.Every time you think Raahard Mendenhall is on the ground he isn't. Everytime Ben get's hurt he goes out there and plays awesome. Everytime you think the game is over Polamula intercepts, forces a fumble or knocks down a pass. Every time you think Mike Wallace isn't going to be able to run past the defender, think again. Every time a pass is thrown to Hines Ward you better believe something is going down. Basically Pittsburgh's game isn't over until the last minute. Don't believe me go on youtube and type in "Satonio Holmes super bowl winning touchdown"

Patriots. They absolutely ripped the Jets apart in the first half of what's basically going to decide the leader of the AFC East. You will definitely be screaming and jumping for them.

Although, the Cowboys did do well in the second half of their game against the Colts yesterday. They aren't a horrible team.

• Gart

Please i beg you don't jump into the Saints and Patriots bandwagon like so many users here. A great team to cheer for is the Atlanta Falcons. Another great team is Baltimore Ravens.

The Patriots are easily the most exciting team to watch, they score the most points in the league and have a bunch of no name players coming up with big plays!

Well any of the past 10 years I would say the colts but this year the only reason you would scream at the TV while the colts are playing is because Peyton threw another interception ... But still why not root for the colts?

• Erika

certainly accept as true with Stranger, watch the NFL video games all next season, % the group that catches your eye the main. do no longer choose for the triumphing group or the group that all and sundry is telling you to choose for, % the group your self, that is going to likely be extra exciting to root for the group you be attentive to you had to root for.

Root for any team that you like.

Watch it and naturally you will start to like one team. I can guarantee it.

Source(s): Huge Bears fan for NFL and Fighting Irish fan for College.

root for the Saints, they have overcame a long history to be champs and one of the top teams now