Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 9 years ago

How do tourists harm National Parks?

I have to know 1 way tourists harm National Parks.

(I can't say they liter.)

Favorite Answer

Just by being there, they disturb the natural balance of life of the flora and fauna of the park. (They litter, the animals hide whenever they are present even if it is meal time, etc...)

They're not. National parks are government controlled and there is an off limit area of the park that tourist are not allowed. Besides, isn't it they collect park fee to the tourist and those payment are used for the restoration or improvement of the park?

I have traveled your country extensively and I have not seen foreigners abusing your parks, but I have never gone to any park and not seen your own people abusing them. They P-I-S-S on the backside of a statue or monument. They pull the flowers, smell them and then throw them on the ground. They litter, litter, litter. They think the rules posted by park management is for everyone but them.

• irresponsible tourists harm national parks.

whenever i travel, i always remember this

take nothing but pictures

leave nothing bur footprints

because even a small insignificant candy wrapper can harm the environment or even taking a small rock from a cave.

when i went to Boracay, i didn't even take a bottle of sand. when my friend wrote something on the rock when we went to Pinatubo, I told him why he did it and I was very upset.

• Jacy

1. Erosion to paths and sensitive vegetation.

2. Disturbing wildlife.

• ?

For those who say liter (HAVE YOU LOOKED RIGHT OUT SIDE YOUR DOOR OR GATE?) I don't think foreigners did that mess or the mess on the streets, and in front of business'

Source(s): RAR

Smoke and mess fire

Littering