Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 9 years ago

I have no goals, interests, ambitions, or dreams. What should I do?

Okay. I'm going to try and keep this short. I'm in college right now, a senior in the Communication Department. I hate college though. I have a 3.9 GPA, two scholarships, I am on the Dean's List and Honor Roll every semester. I have no interest in college though, I only went because it was the next step after High School and I didn't know what else to do. The truth is though, I have no interest in anything. I went for this liberal arts degree because I did not know what I wanted to do in life and thought I would figure it out along the way. This never happened. I'm as lost as ever and since I'm about to graduate soon I have no idea what to do. Literally, NOTHING INTERESTS ME. Truth be told I think I am a misanthropist. I hate this world. I hate people. I have no desire to do anything that progresses us as a society. I don't want to help anyone. In fact, the only thing that college has taught me is that people are selfish and only care about themselves in the end. People might want to "help" others but in the end it all comes down to money and prestige. Humans should not even exist, there is no point to us, I don't see why anyone even cares.

The only thing I live for everyday is to see my girlfriend. If I didn't have her, I would seriously just end it to get out of this piece of **** world. Society is just one big rat race to get money to buy **** we really do not need. We are all wasting our lives by working for 40+ hours a week doing **** we really do not want to do (maybe you love your job, but seriously, you would rather be doing something else I'm sure). In the end, the only thing I really want is to have kids with my girlfriend. But then I think, what's the point. They are just going to be disappointed and miserable in the long run anyways. I'll probably have to bust my *** working to put food on the table only to deny them the attention they deserve and then on my deathbed I'll wish I would have spent more time with them but I'll realize I couldn't have anyways because I needed to work to make money to live so than I can work to make money to live, and on and on and on in one big never ending, pointless cycle of working to live - living to work.

I guess, in the end, my question is what the hell should I do? I have no ambition, dreams, interests or anything. If I could, I would literally just sit on my *** all day staring. I don't desire to leave my "mark" in this world, or do something amazing, or help people, or be famous, or have money or material items. I have nothing to live for. Seriously, if I didn't get to see my girlfriend I would just leave this **** *** place because I don't belong here. I don't think life is a gift, it's a curse. I don't even get to see my girlfriend that much anyway because I am busting my *** at school to get good grades, to hopefully get a job that will make us money but I'll hate anyways and then I'll have to bust my *** at that job for the rest of my life only wishing that I was with my girlfriend but realizing I can't be because we need money. Seriously, what the ****, what is the point?

• Favorite Answer

Yes life can be **** if you feel like you do. There are bad people, bad things and pointless confusing situations. I have seen loads of them. You are depressed and overwhelmed my friend, you breally need to see the doctor and get some help. Then you will notice the good people, good situations and make more sense of it all. Life won't be perfect because we are not here to have it perfect. The challenge is to try to work it out and make the best of it. You can do it and give the kids you will have the support and love to get through the bad things and become secure, happy human beings. If you can do that you will ahve made more of a mark than any film star or entrapeneur.

That is what really counts not all the position and wealth. First you need to see your way forward and to to do this you need to get some help. Its worth it, I promise..

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Okay. I'm going to try and keep this short. I'm in college right now, a senior in the Communication Department. I hate college though. I have a 3.9 GPA, two scholarships, I am on the Dean's List and Honor Roll every semester. I have no interest in college though, I only went because it...

Source(s): goals interests ambitions dreams do: https://tr.im/tdEVn

No Goals In Life

• ... Honestly, there has to be something ur good at, andthats not gonna come from asking the world on this website. So why don't you explore ur interests. Take a look at nice job applications. U have to go out and find things u like no matter how hard it is. So y don't you get off the computer right now and try to ask ur friends wat they are interested in.

have you been channeling Nietzsche?

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nietzsche/

i think there are only two courses of further action for you -- the first is psychotherapy [for which you'll need to pay and thus you'll want to be working] and the second is the graduate study of Philosophy.

PS: sorting through the hundreds of schools of psychology for one that might make a reasonable difference in your life is a full time task in itself. Pondering why this is so is a worthwhile exercise in itself, imo.

Source(s): retired. businessman married to a Professor.

Hi, just want to know are you still in this mode friend... From u r question u look like a person having lots of thinking skill... That's the reason u r taking all Ur things as very simple...

If u don't mind can you tell me what u r doing now???

I Have No Goals

yeah...for every dude like you, author, there s ten of us who d give a limb to have all that you do.

so , maybe, practice gratitude.that puts everything in a nice perspective. you have all the time in the world to figure out what s next for you.

I suggest you create a large nuclear bunker in the side of a mountain. Then, create a giant airtight door in the shape of a giant cog. Then, go to the government and show them your creation, and then get permission to start a profitable business of making these bunkers, or "Vaults," so that, in the invent of nuclear holocaust, you can save the human race.

Also, make a gigantic flaw in every one except yours, for the lulz.

Very curious about the answer to this question