?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

It's your job to remake your favorite film from the 90's?

Every copy that ever existed of your favorite film has been lost & it's your job to remake the film & make it better. New actors & everything.

SO, what's the film? & who are you going to cast (you can't cast the same people.)

@ Tamara--As long as he isn't playing the same person it's okay :)

Best Answer

Not my favorite film of the 90's. It's one my fave's though. If every copy was lost...what would i do?

Darkman.

Peyton Westlake/Darkman: Mark Ruffalo

Julie Hastings: Piper Perabo

Louis Strack Jr.: Jon Hamm (I'd expand his role a bit).

Robert G. Durant: Gary Oldman

Just to mess with people's minds I'd cast Robert Downey Jr. in a mini cameo as the final disguise

of Peyton Westlake. In the original it was Bruce Campbell.

The rest of Durant's gang could be played by relatively unknown actors.

I still want Ted Raimi, Dan Hicks and Bruce Campbell to cameo somewhere in the film.

Dammit! I have to replace Danny Elfman too! :(

I'd hire Michael Giachinno to score the new Darkman. No synths. Keep this one orchestral and epic too.

I'd hire KNB for special make-up effects and gore (My version of Darkman is going to be a lot gorier).

Weta digital for the CGI.

It's going to be a somewhat darker, more violent, bloodier remake of Darkman. It will retain its heart though. Keeping the focus on character and plot.

Wow, i like this. You should do a 70's and 80's version too hahahaha! ;)

• ?

Mr. Blonde - Johnny Depp

Mr. White - ooh, it's harder than I thought - LOVE Harvey Keitel... - Robert Downey Jr.

Mr. Orange - Josh Hartnett

Nice Guy Eddie - James Franco

Joe Cabot - Anthony Hopkins/Jack Nicholson

Mr. Pink - Tarantino (I know you said I can't cast the same people, but c'mon! he played Mr. Brown, while wrote Mr. Pink for himself, every time I watch RD, I wish he played Mr. Pink so bad!!!)

Mr. Brown - Jay (from Jay and Silent Bob, I'd love to hear him give the "metaphor" talk lol)

Mr. Blue - some other real bank robber or gangster, like the guy Denzel played in American Gangster, he's alive and free, he can have a cameo in my movie

Mr. Orange's cop boss - Samuel L. Jackson

McClusky - Marisa Tomei

the film is Reservoir Dogs

edit: OH, THANK YOU!!!!! at least in my mind I can see him as Mr. Pink :)))))))))))))))))))))