Annie asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

help, ive become FAT LIKE...... help me!!!?

OK so here's my issue. I am 16, turning 17 in like 2 months and I'm5 feet tall and 180 lbs. I have become DISGUSTINGLY fat. Like it's ridiculous. I just learned from my best friend that a lot of people at my church, people super sweet to my face, laugh about me behind my back. People, I thought we my friends. Whatever. But, I'm a senior in high school and my goal is to be 120 before college starts in July. And I am hoping to be 140 by February ((: Birthday Party lol (: And the problem with me is I ALWAYS tell myself that I'm going to start dieting 'tomorrow or next week or blah blah blah" All I do is make excuses for myself. I mean don't get me wrong. I do start a diet with FULL intention to lose weight and then I see something sweet at school or whatever and I binge up. Like I have a free school lunch account so my folks won't let me bring home lunch. And my folks are really overprotective and they won't let me join a gym or go outside (it's freakishly weird i know but they're Indian and that's what i usually do. go to school, stay home, sleep, go to school... get the picture) but I do have a treadmill that I use which helps me burn 100 cals per hour at speed 3 on my treadmill and no incline and those bike thingies that don't move. You just pedal. That one's screen is broken but the pedal's work. It's just I never know how many calories I am burning. Please help me!! What do I do? This is def. not healthy for me and I want to look and feel my best. Like I don't always LOOK 180 lbs. On some days I look actually skinnier than that by a lot and some days I look BIGGER than that. My confidence has hit an all time low since my friend told me about the church gossip thingie. How can I stay motivated and how can I loose all this weight??

ESPECIALLY HOW CAN I STAY MOTIVATED AND LOSE ALL THIS WEIGHT???

• <3
    Favorite Answer

If you are seriously motivated to loose weight, don't give up & don't keep saying "I'll do it tomorrow". It takes roughly 30 days to make something a habit. If you keep saying you will start tomorrow, you never will.

First of all, find something to help motivate you. When I gained 20 pounds I started watching exersize, diet, and health videos on youtube. That helped me start working out and eating healthy. I also looked at celebrities that I want to have my body look like ( or as close as possible lol). Do you have a friend or relative to work out with? I would always go with my sister (she was overweight & trying to loose weight too) so we motivated each other. When there were days where we just didn't feel like it we'd use 'tough love' and make the other go. Even if you just do 15 minutes of cardio! It's better than zero. Always remember that. Getting a gym membership would be your best bet. If not, then you can always work out at home, there are plenty videos on youtube. Since you have a treadmill, you should start walking at a fast pace for as long as you can. Shoot for 10-15 minutes and eventually build your way up. Then you'll start jogging/running. Stretching/yoga also helps as well because it creates lean muscle & keeps you from hurting yourself. Don't do weight training too often because your muscles need to rest. Maybe do weight training 3 days out of the week. One day focusing on upper body, one day on lower, and one day on EVERYTHING. You can do cardio everyday if you'd like. The best would be to do it 5 days a week, even if it's just for 15 minutes. Try and do it as long as you can though :P

As for diet, this is the MAIN key to loosing weight. Cut out all fast food, non diet sodas, really sugary foods (like cake, cookies), and if drink coffee use organic sweetener & organic or 2% milk. If you eat/drink all those you'll loose 5 pounds from that alone. I recommend going on an organic diet. Organic is usually less fattening, has less sugar, no chemicals, etc etc. It's just all around better for you. Be sure to eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, lean meats or fish. Try to stay away from foods with a lot of sugar, sodium and carbs, but do not starve yourself from them or else you might end up binging on them. A good thing to do is to pick a day where it's your "treat day". Lets say you choose Saturday. So Sunday-Friday, you do good on your diet and exercise routine. When Saturday comes, you can eat some of the more fattening foods without going crazy. Something not TOO crazy, like a nice dinner and some low calorie dessert. That will keep you from binging and it will help motivate you to eat healthier. Try and restrict your calories to 1300-1900 a day. Look at the nutrition facts too, sometimes foods can be lower in calories but have a LOT of sugar or fat. You should also bring your lunch to school. Cafeteria food is VERY unhealthy.

A good idea is to switch to 100% whole grain/wheat bread. If you eat cheese or drink milk, try and get 2%. Grilled chicken, tilapia, salmon, turkey, and (only on occasion) ham are very good meats for you. Good snacks are things like fruits, organic and/or low calories snack bars. Luna bars are great meal replacements. only like 220 calories, organic, DELICIOUS (iced oatmeal raisin is the best), and VERY high in vitamins.

You need to do this for YOU, nobody else. If you keep this weight up or it gets worse, you can have health issues in the future. Don't listen to what anybody tells you. If someone is being rude to you, use it as a motivator. Prove it to them AND yourself that you can loose weight. Also if you mess up and binge or get off your work out routine, DO NOT GIVE UP! Keep going! Chances are that will happen, it happens to practically everybody. Especially with the holidays coming up. WHEN you get the weight off, which you will, you're going to have to keep it up. It's a lifestyle change. You can't go back to how you are eating now exercising. You can be a little bit more lenient though. One more thing, don't focus so much on how much you weigh. Muscle weighs more than fat in case you didn't know already. Just as long as you're loosing inches, your weight does not matter :)

I'm sorry this was SO long, I didn't realize it lol. I hope you had a long enough attention span to read it lol. I wish you the best of luck & don't give up <3 You'll be there in no time. GOOD LUCK!

Source(s): just experience & loosing weight myself. I'm not an expert or anything, although I'd love to be a personal trainer :)

That's alot of weight. Get yourself a real bicycle and go out for hard FAST rides in the morning then again at night. You're parents have to let your go out on a real bike. Bike Machines are for people who are already in shape and need a quick workout and treadmills make it too easy to quit. If you bike 3 miles you have no choice but you bike 3 miles back home. Your 'School, home, sleep, school' schedule is what made you fat. Don't eat lunch at school. Just take fruit and maybe a small salad from home.

A gym wouldn't be a good idea for you because at your size and age your bound to get discouraged around all the people in top model shape you'll see not to mention that people in gyms can be a**holes and are bound to look at your funny.

To recap you need to get aggressive and stop using exercise machines. If you can't buy a bike right away then you need to run for at least 15 mins a day and night then step it up by 5 mins more a week until you're running 30 mins both day and night. After you start getting some more energy look up some boxing style training schedules on google and do them in the afternoon. Along with the running cut back on what you eat. No one can be told what to eat especially on a website. You know what you can and cannot eat.

Your parents absolutely have to let you out to run or bike. If they are protective then tell them to drive you to a track every morning and afternoon so they can supervise you.

first of all these church people are bad people anyway , they shouldnt gossip about you , they have the devil in them , you obviously know how you feel and dont need there 2 cents put into it. Leave it to God he will have his vengence on them and as far as you, when your looking your best , and probably better than all them i say flaunt your figure and kill them with kindness , if there smart this will make them feel stupid and guilty with out you getting your hands dirty. As far as the weight goes i say do a fast asap , try just water for as long as you think you can do. If not eat a strictly veagen diet , consuming mostly vegetables ( dont worry about protien theres plenty of ways to get it and you can drink blue green algae for vitamin b-12). I know this isnt recommended but if i was you id cut down to 300 calories a day MAX, and dont ever go back to what you were doing , i know its hard but remember your not dieting your changing your life style. Also id suggest a soup broth diet, eat only soup broth for a LONG time remember get one low in salt cause salt retains water, also for motivation throw away most of your clothes and if you can buy nice new clothes that are WAY too small that should motivate you :) good luck hope this helps

maybe u were going through a growth spurt. when that happens you tend to lose weight and get taller so your body needs the extra calories. at 22, women no longer grow anymore so your metabolisim has slowed down. you can't continue to eat all that junk and expect to stay skinny now. you will have to change your eating habits which means staying away from the greasy processed high fat foods and eat more fruits, vegitables, lean meats and fish. you should also start excercising 3 times a week. it's much easier to prevent getting fat then to get fat and try to lose weight. good luck

Do 45 minutes cardio workouts a few times a week

the omega 3 fatty acids in salmon may dial up your bodys ability to burn fat especially if you add some exercise

invest in a standing desk like the ergotron workfit s 379 ergotron com or get crafty and raise your monitor and keyboard with books

2 hour round of tennis

Sweet potatoes help you lose weight

• Amanda

Get off the computer and go run somewhere. Don't stop until you reach February.