Can you get put in a Psych ward for suicidal thoughts?

For over two years I've been seeing counsellors and such for my self harm and I've been diagnosed with depression recently. In the past three weeks my thoughts have been really dark. I'm constantly thinking about killing myself by an over dose. I've planned everything. The tablets, the date, the... show more For over two years I've been seeing counsellors and such for my self harm and I've been diagnosed with depression recently.
In the past three weeks my thoughts have been really dark. I'm constantly thinking about killing myself by an over dose. I've planned everything. The tablets, the date, the time (After christmas because I don't want to mess up my family and friends xmas, I was thinking early February). I just can't decide on location.
These thoughts are so scary that I can't describe it. Every time they make me feel even worse and like I'm going to be sick. I told a friend today that I was considering it but she's the only one who knows. I've no idea when I'll next speak to my counsellor.
I know I'm messed up and totally stupid but knowing that isn't changing this. What can I do? Can I be admitted to a psych ward for these thoughts and increased self harm? In the past 3 days I have 14 cuts on my hips and legs.
I'm so afraid I can't explain it. Please give me some advice.
I'm also 16 years old, female and British incase that helps at all.
thanks x
Update: I know it's part of being a teenager to some extent but I recently found out that when I was very young I had suspected depression as I'd withdrawl from people for sometimes an hour or somethimes a week at a time. I'm talking like age 3 onwards here. Things just got worse when my brother, who's autistic and has... show more I know it's part of being a teenager to some extent but I recently found out that when I was very young I had suspected depression as I'd withdrawl from people for sometimes an hour or somethimes a week at a time. I'm talking like age 3 onwards here.
Things just got worse when my brother, who's autistic and has ADHD went on drugs and my Granddad died. Things have gone downhill.