Can the third car in a 3-car accident win a trial after pleading not guilty?

I was in an accident two weeks ago and I was the third car in line. I did hit the car in front of me. The facts: We were all going, maximum, 30 mph. It was raining heavily, we were on a downgrade hill, and the car in front (A) stopped suddenly. The car in front of me (B) tried to stop but slide into A. I... show more I was in an accident two weeks ago and I was the third car in line. I did hit the car in front of me.

The facts:
We were all going, maximum, 30 mph.
It was raining heavily, we were on a downgrade hill, and the car in front (A) stopped suddenly.
The car in front of me (B) tried to stop but slide into A.
I did not see A stop suddenly and only had time to react to B after I saw him collide with A. I attempted to stop but, because of the rain, skidded about 10 feet before colliding with B.
When the police showed up, both B and I were cited for ACDA (assured clear distance available) while A drove off with no consequence to their driving record.

At the arraignment, I pled not guilty because I didn't feel that there was any way I could have avoided the collision with B because of the weather, the downgrade, and unforeseen circumstances.

Now I'm being told that I don't have a viable defense. My trial is on Thursday morning and I need to know what I should do.
I can't afford to pay a citation + court costs right now because my car was completely totaled because of this accident. Please give me legal advice!