4rmSaturn asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

I'm 17 5'9 when will i grow more?

all my family is tall but I'm still not as tall as my mom or my dad im exactly a inch shorter then my mom and 2 inches shorter then my dad because when i put my shoes on im as tall as him. I'm 17 and i wanna know if I will grow 1 or 2 inches before i stop growing because it seems like i stopped growing. I wanna know when I will I hit another grow spurt.

• SIX6UN
    Best Answer

Dude

Your dad or mom's height does not directly effect your height. What does? A gland the size of a pea buried in your skull. Read my post and search Yahoo for stature.

See, Yes, you are a bit short. So then go! See a doctor and read on. First. Without becoming too technical, as your body reaches puberty the long bones become fixed in length. Fixed. Second. The height of a person is controlled by a hormone from the pituitary gland called the Human Growth Hormone HGH, too little of this juice and you'll be short and ill; too much and you play in the NBA. (no joke) Third. Synthesized HGH is readily available through doctors who give it to rich athletes like Barry Bonds, and rich movie stars like Sylvester Stallone.

So DNA be darned! It is the HGH! For thirty years medical science has made older ball players and totally old movie stars look young; it can also treat the illness of 'being short' which is a real congenital defect.

Two problems.

One. Narrow window of time . . . This hormone, HGH, can easily bring a short person to full height, if, if, if they get it in time. Time.

Second. HGH is so much in demand by rich sports/movies people that many family MDs are too wary of federal scrutiny to prescribe therapeutic HGH to the honestly short-boys who need it. Just wait they often say; everyone will say. The Ignorant among us will chant DNA as if DNA is fate. But realize, lots of people who are saying, "just wait" are really laughing, and it ain't funny.

Your challenge is to get to a Pediatrician, Endocrinologist, or Urologist for a simple blood panel. Then you will really know your situation and options. But do this before your time for help has passed. Also, mentally toughen-up by demanding people stop laughing, demanding your folks support you – get your blood test and study the stature-age chart. Do not listen to silly anecdotes that all go like this: my mother's cousin was only five-feet tall at his graduation and now he's over six-feet tall! Yeah, right, in what fantasy-world? Time, remember, HGH requires time.

Stature Chart

http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set1clinical/...

This quote is from a great site:

Quote: "What surprises most people is the fact that [HGH deficiency] affects much more than just a child's height. Concerns for families of children diagnosed with Growth Hormone Deficiency include serious problems relating to; heart strength, lung capacity, bone density, immune system function and much more! The entire body is affected if a child is growth hormone deficient! Therefore, it is IMPORTANT to identify children with growth hormone deficiency as early as possible to avoid the permanent internal delays and damage in addition to the potential loss of permanent inches."

Usually men stop growing at 17-20 so its hard to say. What is wrong with 5' 9" thats a good height.

• Yea you probably will. If not as tall as your dad at least as tall as your mom. My uncle was 5'8 until he was a freshman in college. and then he grew 11 inches! NO LIE. So I wouldn't worry about not growing anymore. I'm 19 and I just finally stopped growing at 5'10.

U will, men stop growing until 21

im 17 6'2 im still growing in hight ya you could grow more

You can opt for steroids or the leg lengthening surgery. It's painful but worth it.

u wont grow anymore

what more do you want