Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 1 decade ago

How much power does my Mustang GT pushing?

BBK Throttle body, Flowtech Longtubes, 3.73 Ford Racing gears, SLP Loudmouths Catback, Pypes X-pipe, H&R Lowering Springs, Steeda Tri short shifter, SCT-2 Engine Programmer, BBK cold air, Maximum Motersports Camber Caster Plates, Steeda sway bars, CDC Styling bar, Bullitt Style gauge cluster, SVT Wheels & Sumitomo Tires, EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads, Tokico Shocks, Mach one grill delete and chin spoiler, Granatelli Motorsports differential cover.

does i have a chance vs a cobra 01?

Update:

Its a 01 Mustang GT...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

high 290's low 300's at the crank. You'll have a decent chance against the Cobra assuming you're a competent driver. With equal drivers though the 01 Cobra should be slightly quicker.

• 1 decade ago

Throttle body isn't going to help much at this power level. If anything, you might actually lose a couple ft-lb torque.

Flowtech long tube headers are not made well, but should add a few hp over stock.

SLP loudmouth exhaust is louder than stock, but doesn't flow that great, might get 5whp from it, if that.

Pypes X pipe is another mediocre part, you didn't say catless or catted, so it's probably 3-8whp.

BBK CAI is worth about 5-6whp.

SCT tuner might be worth a couple HP, lots more if you had it custom tuned for your setup.

Overall, I'm going to say you might have about 285hp at the crank, or about 245-250whp. A stock 01 cobra will make about 270-275whp, but is slightly heavier than an 01 GT.

Counting the gears, against a stock 01 cobra with 3.27 gears, it could be a drivers race, assuming you can drive. However, if you're a typical driver (not an insult, just pointing out that not everyone can get the most out of their cars), I would suspect you would still need some help catching up with the cobra.

Source(s): Own a 1998 Cobra, and the 99/01s have trouble keeping up with me, as do Mach 1s.
  • ca
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The following do nothing for your engine power, not sure why you bothered mentioning them.

H&R Lowering Springs, Steeda Tri short shifter,Maximum Motersports Camber Caster Plates, Steeda sway bars, CDC Styling bar, Bullitt Style gauge cluster, SVT Wheels & Sumitomo Tires, EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads, Tokico Shocks, Mach one grill delete and chin spoiler, Granatelli Motorsports differential cover.

The only way to know how much power you have is to put it on a dyno.

• 4 years ago

definite, the extent a million roush does not have any engine improvements, it is all suspension and body artwork. The level a million roush has 300hp 320tq merely an similar because the gt. Now once you get to level 2 i believe there is exhaust and chilly air intake their which provides you a touch more suitable hp and tq. The level 3 roush resources the large hp and tq boost with the roots form roush supercharger.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DrkLce
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Use a dyno or buy a G-tech pro SS and see for yourself the latter is an invention by an american ectronics company called tesla. around $250 to 350$

• 1 decade ago

No you wouldn't. The only thing remotely helping your engine out is the cai and tuner. But those alone wont be enough to put you up against a cobra.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are probably pushing around 300 hp, do a quarter mile in 12 seconds. Might have a chance against the snake.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.