Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsTennis · 10 years ago

Does being on a USTA tennis team mean not playing other tennis USTA tournaments?

I am interested in playing for my tennis club, which has its own Jr. USTA tennis team. The whole program my team is competing in is called the 2011 Championship NCT JTT Program under the 18 U Int NCT flight. I haven't signed up for my tennis team yet. I heard from several of my friends is that by signing up for the tennis team, I cannot earn more than 1000 points for my ranking for USTA Junior Tournaments. I've looked endlessly through the Internet, and I haven't found the answer. So are what my friends saying is true? Also: if what my friends are saying is true, then why is that? Shouldn't the USTA promote tennis play, and that by setting up that rule it's actually doing the opposite and restricting my tennis play?

• Damir
    Favorite Answer

Sure, it does not

Source(s): www.mytennistory.com
  • Lilly

Yes, the USTA applies to tennis membership in general and has nothing to do with high school level tournaments.

In my tennis club,i interest to playing long tennis, in being on a USTA tennis mean not playing other tennis usta tournament .