Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

A Movie I saw but missed the title.?

Okay, so the movie was about this older lady who is a maid and one day she see a fancy dress that the women she maids for bought and she falls in love with it. So the women tells her she bought it in Paris, and so it sets off the movie, and its basically about her journey to Paris to buy this dress. Along the way she meets a model who ends up falling in love with the assistant of the dress company and everyone in the movie is helping this elderly lady try and get her dress. I remember the dress she wanted was pink and she had seen it on a model, and she got to sit beside someone very important in the showing room. Also I know she help everyone she met no matter what and thats why she ended up getting everything she had ever hoped for. I hope someone can tell me the name of the movie because it was amazing and touching.

PLEASE HELP!

And Thanks

Favorite Answer

Oh, I watched that movie many years ago: "Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris" (TV 1992) with Angela Lansbury (Star of "Murder, She Wrote), and the special appearance of Diana Rigg (star of "The Avengers").

I liked the movie, very lovely. It was made for TV, and the director was Angela Lansbury's son. Also the famous actor Omar Sharif has a supporting role in it.

It was based on the novel "Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris" 1958 (in UK, it was originally published as "Flowers for Mrs Harris") by Paul Gallico, just in case you want to read it. There are also other novels: "Mrs. 'Arris Goes to New York" (1960), "Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Parliament" (1965), and "Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Moscow" (1974)