Anonymous

What are my chances at Cornell University's Engineering Program?

Hi, I was just curious on my chances at Cornell University with the following credentials:

I am a Bengali male (South Asia)

I have a 4.0 GPA (Unweighted) and a 5.06 Weight GPA (out of 6.0)

My coursework bundles up to 9 AP classes in 11th and 12th (9th and 10th I had GT classes which are AP equivalent but for the lower class levels) -Physics B, Calculus AB & BC (each one course), English Language and Literature (each one course), Environmental Science, Macro/Micro Economics (one course), United States History, Psychology

My SAT I scores are as follows (Math and Reading only, Writing isn't looked at my CU)

Math: 800

Critical Reading: 670

My SAT II scores: I have not received them yet, but I guesstimating them to be 720 in Math II and about 650 in Physics

My extracurriculars are as follows:

-Environmental Club -Muslim Student Association (president)

-National Honor Society -Outdoor track & field

-Student Government Association -Lacrosse (team captain)

Volunteer Work:

-Day care assistant

-Summer camp assistant

Please let me know as soon as possible. Preferably from someone who has knowledge of the competition for Cornell's School of Engineering. Thanks!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cornell engineering is VERY competitive. To be truthful your stats don't seem to particularly jump out at me, as many ivy league applying students have great scores. I had taken a similar course work and had done better on the SAT but got denied from Cornell U. I'm not saying that you don't have a chance, but you have to really own your application process and and highlight why you're amazing. The one really good thing that you have that I didn't is being team captain. I think when you consider that and all the other leadership roles you have they can overlook everything else. So all things considered you have a decent chance depending on how great your application is, emphasize your leadership roles.

Source(s): been there, done that.
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.