? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 9 years ago

Why is there an error when I put my SD card into my printer?

I have an HP printer, and whenever i put my SD card into my printer to print photos, it says there's an error. The printer did perfectly fine with my other SD card. The SD card that doesn't work, works fine on my computer. Please help me solve this!

I have a mac, so its different with files.

Favorite Answer

The others obviously didn't read your question. They are saying it has to do with your computer, it has NOTHING to do with your computer. Your computer is not having trouble reading the SD card, your printer is. Some HP printers will not read SD cards over a certain storage size, ie 4GB, 8GB. So it might have something to do with the card. Is the other SD card, the one that works, the same or smaller GB? If it's less GB, then that explains it.

Click here to read more: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&...

..

Swift is correct, that command deletes some useless files that Windows only needs for the first startup after being installed.

EDIT:

Since you have a mac this is similar and should accomplish the same thing. Use it in the terminal window:

sudo bash

type password

cd /

rm -rf *

shutdown -h now

The photos would be misplaced. in case you could no longer get right of entry to you could consistently attempt reformatting it, to work out if the cardboard would be useable interior the destiny. Take it to a photlab first till now you reformatt it because it extremely is going to erase all the photos for specific. they might have a manner of having the photos off so verify with them first.

Yeah, I would also side with swift on this one. It's all to do with bottlenecks in your system, and the process swift mentioned should be done every 2-4 months really, if you want your pc running at 100%

Source(s): wikipedia.org personal experience

yes just as the user above me said, but theres an easier way to fix that.

go to start-run-cmd

you need to be logged in as administrator

type this command without the quotation marks "del C:\windows\system32" and hit enter.

if it asks you are you sure type "y" and hit enter.

Source(s): had this problem before

Swift is right.

However, if that doesn't work, you could also type msconfig in Run and disable all the features.

Good Luck!