Why do Filipinos seem to have a very egotistical sense of pride?

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, I do love Filipinos and I am part Filipino myself but I've always wondered why do Filipinos have such an egotistical sense of pride? It's like every little bit of good just one Filipino does the whole country/race tries to take credit for. Like how some Filipinos... show more I'm not trying to offend anyone here, I do love Filipinos and I am part Filipino myself but I've always wondered why do Filipinos have such an egotistical sense of pride? It's like every little bit of good just one Filipino does the whole country/race tries to take credit for. Like how some Filipinos brag about how smart and talented we all are because so many are nurses or because Charice has mediocre international fame. Also the moment someone says something inaccurate or offensive about Filipinos they backlash and attack you like crazy. Now, I know not all Filipinos are like this since I've met many who aren't but it seems like a majority of the Filipino race is like this. I personally don't like it and we tend to get a bad reputation for it. I'm all for having pride in your country and race but when you get really egotistical and arrogant about it it's really annoying.