Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

I'm 17 and I'm only 5'6 tall, how many inches do I likely to grow until my 20?

I'm male by the way

• SIX6UN
    Best Answer

Yes, you are a bit short, go! see a doctor and read on. First. Without becoming too technical, as your body reaches puberty the long bones become fixed in length. Fixed. Second. The height of a person is controlled by a hormone from the pituitary gland called the Human Growth Hormone HGH. And, synthesized HGH is readily available to doctors and rich athletes and even movie stars like Sylvester Stallone. DNA be darned! medical science solved this congenital defect decades ago.

Two problems.

One. This hormone, HGH, can easily bring a short person to full height, if, if, if they get it in time. Time.

Second. Further, HGH is much in demand by 'sports people' who need to cheat with drugs in order to bat .300 (money, big money). Many family MDs are, therefore, too wary of federal scrutiny to prescribe HGH to honest short-boys who need it. Just wait they often say; everyone will say. The Ignorant among us will chant DNA as if DNA is fate. But realize, lots of people who are saying, "just wait" are really laughing.

Your challenge is to get to a Pediatrician, Endocrinologist, or Urologist for a simple blood panel. Then you will really know your options. But do this before your time for help has passed. Also, mentally toughen-up by demanding people stop laughing, demanding your folks support you – get your blood test and study the stature-age chart. Do not listen to silly anecdotes that all go like this: my mother's cousin was only five-feet tall at his graduation and now he's over six-feet tall! Yeah, right, in what fantasy-world? Time, remember, HGH requires time.

Stature Chart

http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set1clinical/...

Quote: "What surprises most people is the fact that GH affects much more than just a child's height. Concerns for families of children diagnosed with Growth Hormone Deficiency include serious problems relating to; heart strength, lung capacity, bone density, immune system function and much more! The entire body is affected if a child is growth hormone deficient! Therefore, it is IMPORTANT to identify children with growth hormone deficiency as early as possible to avoid the permanent internal delays and damage in addition to the potential loss of permanent inches."

1-2

There seem to be a lot of tall men around, so that is probably while you feel short. I would recommend getting a 3-4" lift kit. The shoes aren't cheap, though.

You may not grow at all, or you may have a four to five inch growth spurt. I would start off by seeing what happened with your parents. Silly genetics getting in the way again.

maybe 2 to 3 more inches taller ,but that depends on how tall are your parents

The doctor can determine your future height. Height is genetic. Try looking at your family and try to guess.