Maria asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

what does tennen mean?

???

its in japanese.

oh for the rude person who answered me first:

no duh! really you think i didnt try that already? why do you think im asking in the firstplace? anata wa baka!!!

sorry i was just ticked off at this-- person! who didnt even answer my question! its like, if u have no idea, den dont answer! dont just be all sarcastic and annoying! its a freaken innocent question! if it sounds stupid im sorry! but i want to learn which is why i asked!!! gahh!!!

anyways, so i heard somewhere that tennen means stupid in japanese. i m not sure if thats correct so i want to make sure so i dont misuse the word. thanks for ur help :)

Favorite Answer

SHORT ANSWER:

It means "natural airhead" or simply 'airhead', a person prone to making silly mistakes.

LONG ANSWER:

The word 'tennen' is an abbreviation for 'tennen boke', which is usually translated as 'natural airhead'. The word "tennen" originally just meant 'nature'/'natural', 'spontaneity'/'spontaneous'. The word 'boke' means 'stupid', 'silly', 'idiot', 'fool'. You may have heard it in the context of Japanese comedy. In Japanese comedy duos the 'straight man' is called 'tsukkomi' and the 'funny man' is called 'boke', who is usually at the receiving end of the jokes.

So, tennen (boke) means 'natural airhead'. I've also seen it translated simply as 'airhead'. I think 'stupid' would be a little too strong of a translation. It just means that the person can be a little scatterbrained sometimes.

I am not sure if you are referring to a Japanese word or a Spanish word.

Tennen refers to a form of Japanese martial art. However if you think it's a Spanish word, then it's no tennen but Tienen , which means THE HAVE

Hope this helps

Source(s): WIKI re Japanese word, Native Spanish Speaker

it means go to dictionary.com