If you're a medical patient using marijuana in california, can you be fired from your job?

If the company you work for has a "drug free" policy, could you be fired for legally using marijuana in the state of california?

Favorite Answer

Yes,

The statute for medicinal marijuana did not have any safeties to protect employment. Therefor if the company you work for fires you for drug use, you have no standing for wrongful termination. If the company you work for has a contract with the federal government, in the Code of Federal Regulations for contracting there is one for drug free workplace. This rule requires contractors to have random drug testing and drug prevention programs at the work site.

I'd hope not, what about adderalls those really make me tired cuz i have ADHD, but for most people it's like legalized meth. Marijuana is a great drug if used in moderation or correclty. Many drugs prescription drugs can be abused by those with or without scripts.

I believe in most places of work that you have to fill out the proper paperwork to let them know that you are using marijuana as a medication, just like any other legal drug. I imagine if you test dirty from a company mandated drug test and you haven't done so, hope that your employer is cool and just makes you show proof of prescription and/or makes sure your went through the necessary channels to obtain it. I would think without proper documentation that it would be ground for termination though.

Olive oil is a robust moisturizer for the hair, yet olive oil at very severe temperature receives damaged hence ensuing in little to no income except u clone of the style of deep fried... merely kidin. So my suggestion is heating it on the range for some seconds. I positioned some more suitable virgin organic and organic olive oil in a spoon and position it over the flame for some seconds sufficient to get it extremely warmth. IMHO, warming in a microwave will damage the oil. Coconut oil on the different hand handles warmth ok.

Yes

Just like you can be fired for having nicotine or prescription drugs in your system.

Just because some quack wrote you a prescription for your social anxiety, doesn't mean your boss has to accept it as the only treatment.

I hope so.