Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

Im 16 turning 17 in February now standing 5'3'', my dad is 5'8'' and my mom is 5'1'' am I done growing i?

Im 16 turning 17 in February now standing 5'3'' my dad is 5'8'' and my mom is 5'1'' am I done growing if not how can I increase my chances of growing?

• SIX6UN
    Best Answer

Yes, you are a bit short. So then go! see a doctor and read on. First. Without becoming too technical, as your body reaches puberty the long bones become fixed in length. Fixed. Second. The height of a person is controlled by a hormone from the pituitary gland called the Human Growth Hormone HGH. And, synthesized HGH is readily available to doctors and rich athletes and even movie stars like Sylvester Stallone. DNA be darned! medical science solved this congenital defect decades ago.

Two problems.

One. This hormone, HGH, can easily bring a short person to full height, if, if, if they get it in time. Time.

Second. Further, HGH is much in demand by 'sports people' who need to cheat with drugs in order to bat .300 (money, big money). Many family MDs are, therefore, too wary of federal scrutiny to prescribe HGH to honest short-boys who need it. Just wait they often say; everyone will say. The Ignorant among us will chant DNA as if DNA is fate. But realize, lots of people who are saying, "just wait" are really laughing.

Your challenge is to get to a Pediatrician, Endocrinologist, or Urologist for a simple blood panel. Then you will really know your options. But do this before your time for help has passed. Also, mentally toughen-up by demanding people stop laughing, demanding your folks support you – get your blood test and study the stature-age chart. Do not listen to silly anecdotes that all go like this: my mother's cousin was only five-feet tall at his graduation and now he's over six-feet tall! Yeah, right, in what fantasy-world? Time, remember, HGH requires time.

Stature Chart

http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set1clinical/...

Quote: "What surprises most people is the fact that GH affects much more than just a child's height. Concerns for families of children diagnosed with Growth Hormone Deficiency include serious problems relating to; heart strength, lung capacity, bone density, immune system function and much more! The entire body is affected if a child is growth hormone deficient! Therefore, it is IMPORTANT to identify children with growth hormone deficiency as early as possible to avoid the permanent internal delays and damage in addition to the potential loss of permanent inches."

• fodor

I gained Tongues and Interpretation in English. It got here clearly that I doubted it. A Indian woman asked me to desire for her and English got here out. i became ashamed or did no longer choose to look weird and wonderful. She later instructed me it became real. Do i've got self assurance the present is real? i could have a be conscious come out...yet i does not dare circulate on youtube. i'm no longer that helpful. in line with probability that's what began me on a quest... i've got self assurance interior the presents and that i gained the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

You've probably got another inch of height growth. Maybe more if you were a very late bloomer. Your age is against you here since most increase in height is winding down by the time you hit 17.

I ran your numbers into a height calculator. You can run your own as well.

You're most likely done growing. But there are always exceptions. And it can depend on your diet and physical activity. One of my friends in college has parents around the same height as yours but he's 6'2". So it varies