Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do u agree with Mitch McConnell that those making more than $250,000 have "been hit hardest by this recession"?

Favorite Answer

Mitch McConnell is a moron and belongs to the Republican AXIS OF EVIL.

I'd gladly pay higher taxes if I had a job that paid $250,000. Instead, I'm unemployed, laid off my job last June and I'm in the employment sector that is supposed to be safe. I'm a 15 year experienced nurse, went to nursing school school at the age of 40, to assure myself a future of employment.

Now I'm 57 and after sending out at least 75 resumes, have gotten nowhere. Yes, there are plenty of nursing jobs if you have 1-5 years experience. No one is hiring 57 year old nurses with the experience and background I have. Why hire someone who is 57 with an incredible nursing backing, when they can hire 30 year olds, pay them less than half what I was making and know a 30 year old will be a long term employee.

I'd gladly accept less money, but haven't been given the opportunity to tell an employer, except in my cover letter, which I have said. I never thought I'd experience age discrimination in nursing, but that's our health care system now. Other employee sectors won't hire me to even be a cashier at Walgreen's. I tried.

My unemployment ran out last week and for the first time in my life and I've been working since I was 13, I have no income. At 57, I have to go back in debt if I want to survive this nightmare economy the Republicans created.

• Anna P

I'm not really sure which planet McConnell is visiting from. He thinks all those millionaires and billionaires are "small business." BTW the $250K is the Adjusted Gross Income, not the gross income. They could be making millions and only end up in the $249,999 tax bracket.

Mitch sounds pretty delusional.

Nope corporate profits continue to rise and shatter records

• ?

Certainly the successful people in our society have borne the brunt of the vilification by obama.