promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Tips on Meeting the parents?

I need tips for meeting my boyfriends parents, we have only been dating a short time, and he is inviting me over, they are loud funny and unpredictable from what i have seen, we are both in high school, any tips? on how to act? what to say? what to wear? anything will help i am pretty nervous, thanks.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You should dress comfortably making sure your clothes, hair, make-up look nice. Don't dress too casually, this may come across as being a little disrespectful (and it is!). When you meet his parents just be polite. This is their first time meeting you, so you want to make a good first impression. Don't be nervous (or at least don't give the impression of being nervous). When conversing with them have complete confidence in yourself and with your answers to their questions. Be confident but not cocky! Know the difference. If you are having dinner there, then be sure and ask if there is anything you can do to help (set the table, clear the table, wash dishes) and don't leave it all up to his mother. Be sure and be interesting by including yourself in conversations and don't just sit there being a wall flower. If they turn out to be loud, funny and unpredictable as what you've heard, then accept whatever you see or hear with lightheartedness and a smile and don't act over-react.

Just go to his parents home with no expectations of anything other than a nice evening. It can be as pleasant or unpleasant as you make it for yourself.

Good luck!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Keep your toosh covered and any other goods. Don't look like a floozy and don't even sit next to the boy on the sofa or touch at all. Act like you are just friends even if you're not. Don't wear too much make up. Wash dishes and help tidy up. Call them sir and maam. They will love you. If there are yourger kids there, shower them with attention. Bring flowers for mama.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.