? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Why do conservatives think they're smarter than scientists/scholars?

They make ridiculous claims even though they've never studied the subject in depth.

"The big bang didn't happen"

"Life starts at conception"

"Evolution isn't true"

"Spanking is good for a child"

and so on...

Instead, you people think that Jesus just came down from heaven, snapped his fingers, and everything magically fell into place. Yeah, that makes so much more sense.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Firstly, conservative and Christian are not the same thing. Secondly, blindly believing the scientists/scholars is absolutely no different than blindly believing in God and Jesus Christ. We need to research and think for ourselves, and reach our own conclusions. I have, and my conclusions on your specific topics are as follows: The big bang probably did happen, but God may have been the cause behind it. Life doesn't really start until birth. Evolution has been and continues to be happening ever since the Divine beginning. And done in a calm and controlled way, rather than out of anger or frustration, spanking is good for most children.

Source(s): Scholarly research of my own.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

First off you for a liberal are being very very very stereotypical also the thing you are stating are all about belief and your looking at it though a scientif point of view thats why you believe we conservatives are making ridiculous when in fact there's no true answer only what you belive with the big bang. It's a theory not a fact and where u there when it happened? If one cell is not life and two not life at what point does a cell become alive? With Evolutionu we find that obama beleieve in this well we are both right he came from monkey's and i from Eve.. it was a joke but really open up a book and study the subject and you will learn of the inprobability's of Evolution. we discipline children by force for year's with out problem it's when this word's are better attitude we gain nothing it's a fact that children don't listen well and action is the best corse to teach them of there wrong doing.

Source(s): 15 year old's brain
  • 10 years ago

Being older, 63, and having seen many changes occur in my life, I can tell you the conservative way of life works much better with more happiness associated with it than any other way of life.

How can you really believe the bid bang theroy? Have you ever seen an explosion? It causes a big mess, it does not produce a beautifully orginized, delicately balanced, and well developed life structure as we enjoy on planet earth.

Life does start at conception and people produce other people not any lessor life force. If you reduce the importance of anyone's life you reduce the importance of all life. If the unborn children do not count, who is next? Crippled, older, less intellegent, someone who is not of your race, or just someone you are particularly mad at in this present moment. No human being is safe from that form of thinking.

If evolution was really true, we should be seeing new forms of animals and people evolving even today. This planet and our life support system is so intricately balanced and precisely formed down to the smallest atom, it should make you realize whoever made it must be watching over it and must be so much more intelligent than we are.

If there are no consequences for our actions then there is no social structure only chaos. Spanking is a good form of correction for a child if done right with love and explination. Children are good, their actions may be bad for many reasons.

Oh, by the way, most Scientists are conservatives. Teachers on the other hand, particularly college level, mostly hold a liberal view point. Take time to see the results of some of the beliefs that your teachers and classmates are advocating. With every action we take there is a reaction. Take time to findout what the long term results are for the choices you are thinking about making. You may change your mind about things.

• 10 years ago

I'm a christian conservative and i personally believe in the big bang... let there be light? I am also an old earth creationist. so evolution is possible in Christianity the original text did not say day only seven separations of time and that could have been billions of years who knows?

Life does start at conception that's debatable between scientists and scholars.

And so is the last one. just don't injure your child or anything like as.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

The approach I see it's that the EU demands to be bailed out or cross bankrupt. The U.S. is not fairly there but and nonetheless has the possibility to aid themselves. So, the coin is within the air. I am having a bet the U.S. will paintings its approach out of challenge and shall be a miles larger situation than Europe. So, I am considering that we must recall ourselves a bit bit smarter than Europeans in the case of the financial system and loose markets.

• 10 years ago

As a scientist, science has done nothing but confirmed my beliefs in God. Evolution is the ultimate proof of God. Conservatives are brain washed by smarter people that take advantage of their lack of education to keep refining oil and shi##ing all over the south's ecology and human health.

The problem is that there is no conservative scientist. And the ones that Cons use are paid to BS. That is why most of Bush administrations scientist resigned after they denied global warming.

Eileen: What on God's earth are you talking about? Most Scientist are NOT CONSERVATIVE, they are liberal, because anyone that can have an opionion without listening to facts is a dumba$$. I am a scientist, I work in the field of research, you have no idea what your talking about. Oh yeah, the Conservative way is better, you ever been to a Lib state and compared it to a Cons state. The quality of life and health is ALWAYS better in a Lib state. Please stop making outragous claims that scientist are Conservatives. That is the dumbest thing I have heard in weeks.

Source(s): A Scientist
  • George
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

We conservatives believe in all ( or most) of this. It is a lot easier to believe in a Creator God than to believe that the world just fell together by accident. Why do you think that all climate scientists agree with you? They don't. Dr. Roy Spencer is an excellent example of a climate scientist who does not believe in man made climate change.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

They believed, and expanded upon, the CIA document during the cold war stating that all professors were communists. Anyone left of center does not exist to them. It's not that they think they're smarter. To think yourself smarter than someone, you first must believe that those people you are smarter than actually exist.

I also agree with Tom Jr by the way. Not that parents should go around beating their kids everyday, but sometimes the situation calls for "the belt" or the "wooden spoon".

• 10 years ago

They have created their own little bubble of reality that is immune to scientific facts. They consider scientific consensus to be just another form of opinion, no more important than any other. They consider the consensus to be obviously true if it supports a conservative worldview and they consider scientific consensus to be a massive worldwide liberal conspiracy if it goes counter to their conservative worldview.

• ?
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

You mean the same scientists who were clamoring about another ice age in the 70s?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.