EI payment issues? any experiences?

1 month ago today, I applied for Employment Insurance benefits due to my job being seasonal. 2 days later, I handed in my Record of Employment. So far, I have 2 reports done, and my 3rd is due tomorrow. I still haven not gotton any kind of payment. Yesterday, I received a letter stating:

'We are working on your claim, A decision will be made soon' the letter is dated November 21st.

This is my first time appyling for EI. From research I have done, if you are denied EI you usually get a letter after your first report.

I'm a little confused as why I would get a letter stating that a decision will be made soon- Consdering it has already been 4 weeks and payments should be give within 28 days as it states on the Service Canada website. Not to mention my third report can be made tonight at midnight.

Does anyone have any INFO or personal experience as to how long it takes to get your first payment? if you where denied, where you given notice quickly?

I have bills to pay, and have been looking for other work but nothing is available.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I'm in the same boat. I'm still waiting for a decision on my claim. It's been 12 days since I applied. I too, am wondering how long it's going to take.