Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

Does Texas Charge Tax For Online Purchases (For PSN Card Purchases)?

I want to know if the state of Texas charges tax for online purchases, and by online purchases, I mean by using a Playstation Network Card.

If I get a $20 Playstation Network card to buy something that's 19.99, will tax be added to the $19.99? Or will $19.99 be the final cost, and I'll have $0.01 left on that card?

OR will I have to add money to the PLaystation Wallet by using a credit card?

Just to make sure, I live in Houston, TX.

Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Dear AS: Sales tax is added if the company is based in TX. If the company is not based in TX sales tax will be added if the company has a store in TX. If the company is based outside of TX and has no physical stores in TX - no tax will be added or due. Try starting your order and then before check out the total should show and list or not list sales tax.

This advice was prepared based on our understanding of the tax law in effect at the time as it applies to the facts that you provided. Click on my profile to read more. Errol Quinn Enrolled Agent

you would be incarcerated for killing or looking our national animal under the Obama administration. He and his communist acquaintances stay in a utopian society the place we make an apology for this "evil" u . s . and trip unicorns on weekend, chasing the rainbow with the wind blowing in our faces. He has pulled the wool over our eyes and the sheeple are happy as long as they don't comprehend the reality. to seek unicorns you are going to be able to desire to alter right into a poacher, they are risk-free in basic terms like criminals who kill harmless infants. we are a u . s . that treats the cough and not the reason. happy looking by potential of ways.