Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Christians in Algeria?

i always wonder what people think of the christian community in algeria? i never hear people speak about the christians in algeria its as if there is none. i am algerian myself and muslim born to a christian mother and muslim father what are your thoughts on the christian community of algeria?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

christian in algeria are respected ..we haven't much community .. but i think people here are far from a real culture like other country ..algeria still hate christian and dwe still don't like when they wear curicifix and walk at the street ..before some people was killed only because they were chrristian .. but now 2010 ..we have some new youngest generation know about christianity even they are with islamic outfit but they still respect other religion ..

so i advice you .. if you want to practice there is one church in capital .. and other are cathedral .. a little far ..every sunday they pray ..and also you can't wear your curicifix when people can see it ..hide it ..also don't eat in fast month 'ramadan' and ask your father about islam .. at least you can know more why and what muslim want to hear .. and i think there is few algerian christian and you can found african people outside algeria went to church every sunday ...and good luck

• 7 years ago

As we're all Algerians so we respect Christians and their religion

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

algeria has an old christian tradition . long before islam.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.