What is the better car hybrid vs electric and think closely about this one?

electric cars only go so far on a charge, Some hybrids get 700+ miles a gallon which is better for a long trip and why?
Update: correction 700+miles on a tank of gas - sorry for the confusion
Update 2: ok... to make my point, your electric bill goes higher my point is you either pay at the pump or at the electric outlet, and an electric plant still pollutes the environment, even if its wind powered you have generators = friction energy=steam=pollution in my opinion fully electric cars are not effiecent because it... show more ok... to make my point, your electric bill goes higher my point is you either pay at the pump or at the electric outlet, and an electric plant still pollutes the environment, even if its wind powered you have generators = friction energy=steam=pollution in my opinion fully electric cars are not effiecent because it hits your pocket book per kilowatt hour, and the chargers are not green certified. so one could see easily a 300 or 400 dollar jump in electric costs per month.