promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)FIFA World Cup (TM) · 9 years ago

Give England and the USA anything they ask for - only way to avoid appearance of corruption?

Is this true? If USA, Australia or England don't get there way it's because some sinister plan and backroom dealings were had seems to be the opinion of everyone here. FIFA should have known this. Shouldn't every country just give the US, England and Australia what they want and lose to us every time they play us to avoid the appearance of corruption?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

How can FIFA justify giving the World Cup to:

Russia - a democracy in name only?

Qatar - not a democracy and this is no secret?

If Spain/Portgual or Netherlands/Belgium won then nobody would be too upset. If Japan had defeated the US bid then again few complaints.

Organizations like FIFA and the IOC for that matter have an obligation to support nations that embrace human rights, freedom and the rule of democratic law. Russia doesn't do that and Qatar does not either. These nations don't deserve the World Cup on that reason alone.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

If England was not out in first round then there would be a lot less complaints. Any retard can see that is corrupt. Also Qatar getting world cup, well also any retard can see that if they were up against Fiji or Greenland then yeah maybe, but look who they were up against: Japan, USA. It's a joke. Air conditioned stadiums full of men all dressed in white tablecloths will not exactly give the games much colour. World cup is also about the crowds, not just the players.

• 9 years ago

If Australia got the 2022 world cup. I wouldn't have 1 complaint. I would be saddened but I know Australia deserves to host it also. Qatar getting it is just down right pathetic. Australia is a beautiful country. Australia is one of those places that most everyone in the world would like to visit at least once in their life time.

Qatar is not and I now think that the 2022 migth become the worst world cup in history. Qatar is possibly the worst nation of football in the world.

• Sam H
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

People aren't upset because the US was denied the chance to host. They are mad because it was given to Qatar, a nation with an awful team, 110+ degree heat, no existing stadiums, located in a region known for instability. If Australia would've beaten us i wouldn't have been as upset. They've hosted the Olympics and did a fabulous job. Qatar doesn't seem to possess any of the qualities that would make for a memorable cup. I just hope that they'll prove us wrong, for the sake of the game

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

really? so you are saying that the bids from russia and qatar were the best and most realistic ones of the bunch? you don't think the attendance at the WC will suffer because they are being held in countries where diversity is not welcome? we have always know that FIFA falls victim to corruption, and this time it was very clear

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.