MADDOG
MADDOG asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

What do you think about this quote from the Czech republic about Obama and those who voted for him?

This quote came from the Czech Republic. "The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

This quote was translated into English from an article appearing in the Czech Republic as published in the Prager Zeitung of 28 April 2010.

Mr. Wolf--thanks for the intelligent response.

Country Club Conservative-next time please read the question. thanks.

News Flash-If you go to bing or google and type in Prager Zeitung Obama you get a lot of things called links you can click on and read more about the article.

Why do Conservatives always have to do all the work for the lefties?

Favorite Answer

Instead of immediately going on the defensive, like many of the answerers have done here, I think it's important to keep in mind the Czechs' contemporary situation and their perspective. Their country has been an independent democracy for only 20 years and they understand very well the hazards of a totalitarian state.

They understand that an apathetic population can be controlled easily and are more concerned with preserving liberty as opposed to criticizing the US. At this point in their history, they have just gained true liberty and yet at the same time, the European Union experiment is threatening that liberty (in the view of many).

The only other time this country has been independent in recent times was for a short interwar period (From 1918 until Hitler's invasion). Before that, it was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and after WWII, it was more or less controlled by a corrupt communist party under the thumb of the Soviets.

All this extremely recent experience with oppression, totalitarianism and the achievement of their own independent state should be taken into account when analyzing their views on other countries - such as the United States.

Very true, and very sad (that it is true). We can always bounce back from an idiot president. We can't really bounce back from an idiot populace. People who take things at face value, think only about their personal situation, and would rather live in their crappy situation than change it for the better, are a detriment to any society.

But how do we change it? I'd venture to say that it is too late for the voting populace (except for the younger ones...maybe). We must reform the education system. Instead of just teaching the answers, we must stimulate critical thinking and questioning skills in the children. When we teach how to get to the solution, rather just giving the solution, we will see an increase in the populace's overall intelligence.

He isn't going to lose it on the grounds that it isn't of their curiosity to vote Republican. It's no longer in my curiosity to vote for the Republicans Running and I am white. That being stated, I am surprised on the Racist Remarks from those Conservatives who consistently criticize the Liberals for being Racist and say MLK used to be a Republican. Shame on you. I understand such a lot do not feel we're capable for Ron Paul however I am. His integrity might do that nation a global of well. The unemployment will do not anything however worsen as we aren't utilizing Class Warfare however Success Warfare. How are we able to be triumphant at bringing jobs again if Obama goes to tax the Small Business Sector at 250,000. He does not make experience. And Tabling entitlement reform used to be a mistake. How are we able to take him significantly whilst he's to Reform the Banks and shall we Goldman Sachs host a advantage for him at 35,000 a price ticket? What variety of hypocrisy is that besides?

MADDOG;

The Czech Republic has hard evidence of the ravages of socialism in their recent past. They can blame the Russian invaders, but whom do we have to blame, except for ourselves, as is noted from the eloquent quote.

The danger we face is the creeping socialism that resides in the lager American cities, on the coasts. The democrat socialists know exactly how to take control of the sleeping majority. It is by open borders, jobs flight to overseas, and crushing of the entrepreneurial strength that produced our Democracy.

Source(s): We must demand professionalism of our elected officials, and eliminate the growth of the federal government and the weakening of the rights of individual states. Restore the Gold Standard to our currency, and eliminate the Federal Reserve System installed after the overspending during the Vietnam disaster. Why do we need a Federal Department of Education? Education is a State responsibility. If we dump the Federal Agency we save $90BILLION each year, and get rid of all the collectivation, Political speach, and Teacher's Unions. Come on people, what else can we do without? Add to the list, and lets get back to work.

I'm not an Obama supporter no way shape or form But in all fairness the Brits and euros well jump at anything to find fault with America and Americans it's their national past time They must be put in their place In the U K they take great pride in releasing the Lockerbie bomber they look at it as sticking it to the yanks. When you hear the accent goat them into a conversation then when they expose their ant American-ism get right in their face Our president should stay out of their country, Let them know there is a price to pay

So some Czech reichtwinger with a fear and hatred of Russia is against the START treaty. Why would it be surprising that he would lash out at Americans for his perception that America has capitulated to the Russians and opted out of missile sites in Eastern Europe.

Thank you for posting that. I have seen it before and is well stated. The editorial is right on the money and there are many still blundering around that fit that description.

@ Magick - you are right but the progressives are working overtime to correct that flaw in our system. Don't worry about the Wolf Man. No one pays any attention to him anyway..

Who made the quote? Was it a leader in their country or some idiot on the fringes of their politics or just some person on the streets.

While I might be vaguely interested in what the leaders of their government think of our president, it won't affect my assessment of Obama one way or another.

BTW I am a conservative voter. I did not vote for Obama. But he is my President and I don't understand the desperate need you and others have to throw rocks at a man just because he is of a different political persuasion.

I think I would like to know a lot more about the person speaking. Is it as in the spurious $200 million a day in India the statement of someone who knows nothing or the statement of someone trying to rouse ire in one part of the public, like people such as Rush Limbaugh do every day?

But as with any statement such as this, people who are not trying to justify hating the President will not agree with it and those who do hate him openly will accept it. Being from the Czech Republic does not give it any more validity than being from Fox "News".

The best thing about your question is that you didn't say who actually gave the quote. The entire Czech Republic didn't say it.