Has anyone ever combined Auto and Homeowner Insurance with Progressive?

How did it turn out? They are already giving me more than I had with my old provider and at a MUCH cheaper price. My girlfriend had an accident and they were prompt and didn't really beat around the bush with dealing with her claim. So I assume they'd be the same way if something happened to my house. Anyone have experience with that?

Also, how much of a discount did you get off Homeowners insurance because they were already covering your auto insurance? Was the discount worth the time and effort of combining the two, and did they sneak anything sneaky in there, so that say about a year later, your policy price sky rockets or anything like that? Basically, would you recommend combing Homeowners and auto insurance with Progressive. THANKS FOR READING!!!

Best Answer

The policies you buy are only as good as the company who backs them. Combining policies with an excellent company is most always the smartest way to go. Discounts vary according to state insurance rules and regulations. There's no set discount across the board.

I just must give a response to the comment you had about the fact the insurance company didn't beat around the bush when your girlfriend had a claim. Contrary to popular belief, it's normally in the best interest of any insurance company to settle quickly on a clear cut claim. The faster they settle, the least likely the insured is going to argue about the settlement. I've never quite understand why consumers don't usually pick up on this. I hear it all the time, "they sure were fast" or "I had my check within two days". Just a word of caution: a quick settlement doesn't always equal a great company.

BTW, State Farm is the largest insurer of all property and casualty insurance in America. They are larger than Geico and Progressive, combined. Allstate is an excellent company and if you can qualify for them, USAA is also excellent. I would check with all of them before I went with Progressive. I spend a lot of time undoing and explaining problems that have occured toward insureds of other companies.

Source(s): Owner of an insurance and financial services agency. Over 21 years experience.

1

Source(s): Lowest Auto Insurance Rates : http://AutoInsurance.trustdd.com/?IHJP

Progressive doesn't write homeowners in Alaska or Florida.

The homeowners discount will vary by state, also.

I'd recommend combining auto and homeowners with ANY A rated company. Generally, it's going to be the best deal.

• car253

I don't know about Progressive, but in general it is a good idea to have both your car and your home with the same company to get discounts on both policies. Sometimes if service does not measure up then its o.k. to get them in separate companies.

However, in general keep your policies with all one company.

hard situation. check out onto search engines like google. it can assist!