Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Can a pistol barrel be sent legally via the U.S. postal service?

I have a conversion barrel for my Glock 22 to enable it to shoot 9mm rounds. I no longer need it as I just purchased a 9mm Glock. I was hoping to sell the conversion barrel on gunbroker.

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes, parts can shipped legally via USPS. So can complete firearms. I deliver them quite often to a federally-licensed firearms dealer on my route.

    The issue is not what's being shipped, but whether or not the person doing the shipping or receiving the item has the legal authority.

    Source(s): Letter carrier.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Yes, just the barrel and assorted parts though.

    UPS accepts firearm parts for shipment, provided the part is not a "firearm" as defined under federal law; the contents of the package cannot be assembled to form a firearm; and the package otherwise complies with federal, state, and local law. (Note: Receivers or frames of a firearm, firearm mufflers and silencers are considered "firearms" and are accepted for transportation only if shipped in accordance with UPS's requirements for shipping firearms.)

    sorry, that was UPS, you want US Post;

    Knives, air guns, accessories, and most gun parts need not be shipped to an FFL holder. We say most gun parts because each firearm contains at least one part that the ATF considers a firearm. This part is typically the part that contains the serial number. This part must be treated as a complete firearm when shipping the item.

    I know it says "usually the part with the serial number" and that most Glock barrels have a serial number but the ATF can't consider a barrel a gun. Most likely the frame would be considered the actual "Gun".

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago


  • CJ
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    And you want to send it thru the mail!!! I don't think so!

    Source(s): me
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    no, no it cannot. not legally, anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.