Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 9 years ago

Why are so many people in this DARE mindset about marijuana?

THC IS HARMLESS TO YOUR BODY!!!! The only harmful part of marijuana is the carbon smoke that comes from it (and carbon smoke is pretty much every smoke you can think of), and THC has NO LD-50 rating, do you have any idea how insane that is?! And the studies are so biased, and all of their "facts" are based off correlations between marijuana users and the ailments they say are from marijuana, when many of these test subjects also smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, do harder drugs, not to mention the stresses from work and school. I could go on all day, it just pisses me off.

The government wants marijuana to be a health hazard, and they will throw any BS at you so that you believe that it is.

Ghostof...(didnt want to go to your page because my computers slow), first off your lying about your "friend", i know when someone is talking BS, and you are talking BS. Second, yeah marijuana is a drug, but its not a harmful drug. Marijuana cannot cause addiction because instead of changing the receptors in your neurons, it completes the connection. People like you want marijuana to be harmful just so that you dont have to say that you are wrong. I dont know how else to describe someone like you other than pathetic.

Also i have no problem with stress. I smoke weed because how it makes me think, i can understand just about everything better. Its a form of meditation, i lay in my bed, smoke some bong loads, and drift off into my own mind. Im able to understand my emotions better and how to control them, how to understand people better, and im able to see everything i can make of myself and how beautiful life is. THC is harmless, and i have proven that to myself by the use of marijuana, nothing bad has come from marijuana in my life. The only thing that could go wrong is with the law, and that is not because of the plant, its because of the tyranny you call prohibition.

I think you need to introduce your mind to the beauty of THC, I know you'll love it

Best Answer

Talking BS is a pot heads way of justifying their smoking this harmful chemical. No amount of discussion OR facts is going to change your mind because you prefer to get high with something you have repeatedly convinced yourself is harmless.

But since you and the other pot heads here are so convinced its harmless, then why don't you go tell my friend who just got her blood tests back from the doctor who just told her that her baby is going to be born with a numerous amount of health issues because of the THC ingestion? She has two kids and never smoked pot and they are perfectly healthy. Then she left her husband and got with a pot head who got her into it. Now they are going to have a really f**ked up child. And why don't you go back and tell the adult protective services who kept my aged mother away from me because they found THC in her system how harmless it is? (It was a breakdown of some medication the hospital had given her, actually). The reason NON-DRUGGIES are trying to get rid of it is because IT IS A DRUG. It causes bodily harm to the person stupid enough to smoke it and to the people around them. We are clear minded enough to see what it actually is. You are not. You're not only stoned, you've BEEN stoned and your brain has rotted from it and you can't think or rationalize properly.

If you can't handle stress, then you should do something constructive to help yourself...not run away from life by becoming a drug addict. Stop setting there trying to justify BEING a drug addict because it's falling on deaf ears. No go ahead and thumb me down because I'm saying the truth, which is not what you want to hear. Fact is, if you're a doper or a drunk, you're a loser. End of story. And nothings going to change because no matter how hard you try to justify it, you're still wrong.

I'm 54, and I know more people that smoke marijuana than I do that drink alcohol. Alcohol kills more people every day than marijuana. Alcohol kills more people by people drinking getting drunk and trying to drive a car than marijuana. People are creatures of perception. Perception is reality and true to those incapable of critical thinking.

I've smoked since I was 15, and I'm healthy with great blood pressure, and no health issues at all. I am a musician and there is no such thing as marijuana causing short-term memory loss. I have over 250 songs on my song list and all of them are memorized.

D.A.R.E. is a propaganda machine and attempts to manipulate others to believe and act as they do.

If you don't like smoking marijuana, then don't. You, as I, have a choice. But, for D.A.R.E. to take their brainwashing to schools and kids, is just a pathetic attempt to control things to fit their ideals.

They are a sad, miserable, bureaucratic agency that appears to be public, yet it is just another governmental agency that is upset that they can't find a way to profit from, or tax it. It's too easy for anyone to grow.

D.A.R.E. is a complete waste of public and private money.

Source(s): 39 years of marijuana use.

You're 100% correct!

Here's what people far more learned than me have said about marijuana:

DEA Chief Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young - "In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. It is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. Marijuana does not meet the legal criteria of a Schedule I prohibited drug and should be reclassified".

Governor Raymond P. Shafer, Commission chairman of the National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse ("the Shafer Commission") - "the actual and potential harm of use of marijuana is not great enough to justify intrusion by the criminal law into private behavior" and recommended that "the possession of marijuana for personal use no longer be an offense, and that the casual distribution of small amounts of marijuana for no remuneration, or insignificant remuneration no longer be an offense".

Dr. Donald Tashkin, author of the largest study ever conducted into marijuana and cancer - "We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use. What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect".

The World Health Organization – “the gateway theory is the least likely of all hypotheses".

The Lancet (British medical journal) - "the smoking of cannabis, even long term, is not harmful to health".

So that's the health aspects of marijuana, lets also look at its prohibition:

John P. Walters, Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy - "Marijuana, not heroin or cocaine, is the "bread and butter," "the center of gravity" for Mexican drug cartels that every year smuggle tons of it through the porous U.S.-Mexico border. Of the $13.8 billion that Americans contributed to Mexican drug traffickers in 2004-05, about 62 percent, or $8.6 billion, comes from marijuana consumption”.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton - "The killings, beheadings and bombings in Mexico are due to "our insatiable demand for illegal drugs".

So, taxpayers pay $40 BILLION a year for the prohibition which *doesn't* stop people smoking (so whatever "harms" it causes are with us already and always will be) and which empowers the sadistic drug cartels, resulting in the death of thousands of good people every year. We need to STOP people buying from the cartels, and the ONLY way to do that is by allowing legitimate businesses to produce and sell marijuana to adults with after-tax prices set too low for the cartels to match. We have to legalize marijuana.

I completely comprehend what your declaring and that i'm in contact about marijuana yet you may want to comprehend that with marijuana comes drug sellers and drug cartels meaning violence. definite maximum those who smoke weed are completely innocuous yet once you get more suitable up interior the chain it receives more suitable risky. i recognize it is each and each of the persons selection yet for me for my section, once i began smoking week i began putting out with my broking service more and more who presented me to larger drugs so in some experience it would want to be a gate way drug. also, look at what's happening in Mexico definite it is truly our fault because we've this "warfare on drugs" and if weed change into criminal lots of the violence might want to bypass down. notwithstanding it is scary.

How weed became Illegal:

In 1935 they came out with a machine called a decordicator. This machine made producing products from hemp easy enough to actually do it. This was going to revolutionize the production of hemp related products. Popular science called Hemp the new billion dollar product right on the cover. So William Randolph Hurst, who owned a paper mill, started printing news papers calling the plant everyone knew as hemp marijuana, a type of Mexican wild tobacco that is not a cannabis that no one had heard of, and completely bashing the drug saying "blacks and mexicans are smoking marijuana and raping white women". Congress made marijuana illegal not even realizing they were making Hemp illegal.

Oil and Logging companies joined together and put out a lot of propaganda on "Marijuana" claiming it was a "new type of cigarette from Mexico" that made people crazy, psychotic, insane, violent, lazy and sexually immoral. They claimed, "It will make a black man look at a white woman twice" and "It will make white women sleep with black men." Specifically Dupont who had just, in 1937, patented a new technique in refining coal and oil to make plastics, and William Randolph Hurst who produce almost all paper products in america. Both companies stood to loose billions of dollars. Andrew Mellon became Hoover's Secretary of the Treasury. He was Dupont's primary investor. His future Nephew in law was Harry J. Anslinger. Andrew Mellon appointed him to oversea the newly created Federal Bureau of Narcotics.

On April 14th, 1937 the Prohibitive Marijuana Tax Law or the Bill that outlawed hemp was directly brought to the House-ways and Means committee. This committee is the only one that can bring it to the house floor without it being debated by other committees. The chairman was Robert Doten was a Dupont supporter and he insured that the bill would pass Congress.

Dr. James Woodward, A physician and attorney testified too late on the behalf of the American Medical Association. He told the committee that the reason that the A.M.A. had not denounced the marijuana tax law sooner was because the association had just discovered that marijuana was hemp. Few people were aware that this menace known as marijuana that they had been reading about on Hurst's front page was in fact the passive Hemp that they all knew and loved. Woodard told the Committee that "The A.M.A. understood Hemp to be a medicine sold in numerous healing products sold over the last 100 years."

This propaganda spread and, with the help of lobbyists, instead of putting it in the hands of the medical department it was put in control of the treasury department who created the Federal Bureau of Narcotics. They made Harry J. Anslinger the Commissioner of the department and he made it his agenda to single handedly destroy anyone who used it. He is quoted as saying "Most marijuana smokers are Negroes, mexicans, jazz musicians, and entertainers. Their satanic music is driven by marijuana, and smoking by white women makes them want to seek sexual relations with negroes, entertainers and others. It is a drug that causes insanity, criminality, and death - the most violence causing drug in the history of mankind." He shaped America's attitude toward marijuana for years to come. Marijuana was labeled by the DEA as a schedule 1 narcotic. This means it has no psychiatric or medical uses, it is highly addictive and it is extremely dangerous and deadly.

The government was going to make Marijuana legal before world war 2 but then the war happened. They were afraid that if they did that it would make people passive and peaceful and would lose the war. Can you guess who said that? The same man who called it the most violence inducing drug ever known to man. "marijuana will pacify you so much that soldiers will not want to fight." - Harry J. Anslinger. So they kept it illegal for the opposite reason of why they made it illegal to begin with.

The Dr. Heath/Tuland study, 1974 Suffocated monkeys with marijuana for five minutes a time then claimed marijuana causes brain damage. This study became the foundation of the government and other special interests group's claim that marijuana kills brain cells. Every credible neurological study that has ever been done since by neurologists have definitively proven that marijuana not only creates new neurons, but entire neural pathways.

"The most reliable scientific sources report that perpermanent brain damage is one of the inevitable results of the use of marijuana." President Ronald Regan

Today "The Partnership for a Drug Free America" is funded by alcohol companies.

Source(s): Visit "The Truth About Weed, Pot and Marijuana" FB page. Like it and post pictures, comment, discuss your views and beliefs, gather real facts about marijuana from the true experts with an overwhelming amount of resources.

i <3 weed

gurrrl wut u be rantin bout