Mary asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Is physician assisted suicide wrong and should or shouldn't be legal?

I am doing an essay on physician assisted suicide. What is your opinion on the issue? what do older people think about the issue?

Best Answer

I think it should be legal. A person should have the right to decide whether or not they want to live, and if they are on their death-bed, and they just don't want to live, then I think it's okay for a physician to help. The most important thing is that they have the person's consent.

• angela

This past February I watched my 78 year old mother die, gasping for air, (her living will did not allow us to have her intubated) in a local hospital. She'd been admitted the week before after suffering her second stroke (her first followed triple-bypass surgery last April). She'd spent May through December of last year in rehab facilities, ERs, and hospitals. Several times she begged me to put her out of her misery, and all I could do for her was hold her and cry. The pain & misery she endured was something I hope never to see again. If physician-assisted suicide had been legal, she could have passed with some semblance of dignity. I've already decided that if it comes down to it, I'll put a bullet in my brain rather than go through what my mother went through.

there are circumstances it is totally lots mandatory, and the suited suited ingredient to do, and individuals are outright suffering unbearably otherwise. the subject is, it demands someone else to make a subjective call approximately whilst it is high-quality. there'll consistently be gray factors, too. And as quickly because it is completely criminal and a threat, there'll become incentive for others to "stress" somebody to suicide, etc. you will see kin convincing somebody they'd desire to commit suicide extremely than use up the inheritance, etc. they had have incentive to not help with somebody's condition whilst they had extremely be attempting to maintain their wellbeing, etc. far too often government or whoever would desire to be to blame for somebody will basically initiate shrugging issues off with out effect as people kill themselves instead. additionally, if completely criminal, the kit for wellbeing practitioner assisted suicide may be greater time-honored. you will discover them improperly prescribed, or stolen, etc, and used for illicit applications. i think of there is an suited that it is going to be a threat, yet in certainty and useful implementation, it is going to become very complicated.

I think it its right to allow it. If a person is dying and doesn't wish to be alive any longer, it should be their choice.