How can the US reduce its national debt unless it increases its tax revenues?

The Bush tax cuts served the very wealthy and actually doing away with the Bush tax cuts would REDUCE taxes for the middle class and raise them only for those who are earning more than $200,000. The sum total would increase tax revenues and thus would help to reduce our national debt. But to those of you who... show more The Bush tax cuts served the very wealthy and actually doing away with the Bush tax cuts would REDUCE taxes for the middle class and raise them only for those who are earning more than $200,000. The sum total would increase tax revenues and thus would help to reduce our national debt.

But to those of you who think that continuing the Bush tax cuts will somehow keep more money in your pockets (which it won't, not unless you earn more than $200,000 per year--how, then, do you propose that the US reduce its national debt? It's not enough to say "cut government spending"--you have to be specific about what government spending you're talking about.
Update: Dear 'How Would I Know', Next time put a little more effort into YOUR research before you make a fool of YOURself! What I said is true, YOU'RE the one who has erred, not me. The Bush tax cuts did NOT cut taxes to all income groups equally across the board; it favored the '$200,000/year and above income group. ... show more Dear 'How Would I Know',

Next time put a little more effort into YOUR research before you make a fool of YOURself! What I said is true, YOU'RE the one who has erred, not me. The Bush tax cuts did NOT cut taxes to all income groups equally across the board; it favored the '$200,000/year and above income group. It amazes me how some of you 'conservatives' can't see the truth even though it's right in front of you. You prefer to spin false stories than acknowledge the Truth.
Update 2: Secondly, NO ONE is talking about 'balancing the budget' within one year, so your comment here is nonsense.