How can you stop being hypochondriac? Any tips?

I am freaking out I have leukemia!

I am tired and hae frequent headaches! I got some blood work done 2 months ago and everything was fine (my white blood cell count was a bit high 10340 but the doctor said nothing to worry about). Now I have these little red dots in patches and that's a sign of leukemia.

I am freaking out even though my blood work was fine! My parents don't believe me anymore! I am so scared! What can I do to help this?

self diagnosing :(

Favorite Answer

see a psychologist

why do u think u have leukemia?

breaking out in hives rashes, is something that ur body can do psychosomatically, so being a hypochonriac might be a reason for that? If u do have leukemia why get so worked up about it, worrying about it isn't going to make it go away, if it does become a problem then it will be detectable, so if u want get tested again in a year or whenever or get 2nd opinion do so, but don't worry about it in the meantime before it's been diagnosised as being a possibility. For the skin see a dermatologist if ur worried about that.

It's sucks to get luekemia or other disease and unfortunate that they're not always immediatelty detected, but you can't let getting a disease from leading ur life if it doesn't physically prevent u from doing so, let alone unwarrented fear of getting one. If ur getting all worked up about something u dnt even kno u have ur probably are a hypochondriac. What you need to ask urself is why you would be a hypochondriac, why you would want the attention, why ur unhappy with ur life and feel like ur life would be better if it had the drama of being sick, or whether u feel sick or think ur sick when ur anxious about something else

my dad is a hypocondriac tho he won't admit it, he complains that food bothers his stomach, but it's clear if u pay attention to him that he complains to get attention, to avoid doing things like errands, shopping, driving somewhere far he doesn't want to go saying his stomach is bothering, to be passive agressive with my mom complaining and refusing to eat her cooking out somethere to eat just when he wants to be a *****, and also when he's stressed about work or something..he's lactose intolerant and believe that some of ailments are real, but he'll claim he can't eat any food, even bread because it'll make him sick if it suits his desire to be sick at that moment, and thos are the only times he gets sick..he's gone to Drs and none of them found anything wrong w/ him and he was insulted when they suggest its due to stress or psychological

• Niketa

perhaps your hypochondria is making you believe your a hypochondriac. HA! deep. if you are 16 years old, you have NO problems to worry about at this point. just get a yearly physical. and if the doctor thinks your okay, your okay for another year. cancer is scary, but a small minute pain doesnt mean you have CANCER! it means you pulled a muscle, you have gas, you did too much work ect...

Look! Come down to earth.

You don't know what leukaemia is explaining yourself like that.

Be wise and get treatment for your head and be sensible enough to see that all that hysteria might put with leukaemia to think about what they don't want to think.

Thanks

t

Go to the doctor, they can fix that you know... But be sure not to catch anything else while you're there!!

• Zombie

were you diagnosed with it, or are you self diagnosing?