Pregnant!help me get my boyfriend to see the point of quiting smoking weed?

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend will not quit smoking weed or cigs for anything everyday he says he wants to quit and get back into shape but he just don't do it...he spends almost 500 dollars a month on them together the majority of it on weed if he could just quit that it would make life a lot easier and we wouldn't have to barrow money every week from the parents to live on and I only have 10 weeks left and we need money for when the baby comes he keeps on saying he will quit before then but everytime his stash runs out he tells me about some great deal he can get or how he plans on getting money for more I just wish it would stop so we can start saving for the baby and actually do something with our lives

Favorite Answer

Point out it is unfair on your children for him to die of cancer when they are young. He may be unlikely to change for you, in which case give him an ultimatum.

• Brenda

What do you think weed does? Make you see things and go crazy? It dosent change him as a person and its rediculas how people think weed is terriable. And i dont smoke but im not against it. If he does that and you love him you will really just have to deal with it. But this is not something you should end a relationship over

• Megan

im sorry about that :( my boyfriend and i use to be bad with both of those also.. as soon as i found out i was pregnant around 5 weeks i stopped.. turns out he had his couple months of saying he wasnt doing it but really was..behind my back. try to tell him theres no way your going to be able to support your child if drugs are in the picture.. i would definately concentrate on the weed at first and tell him you dont want that stuff in your house or around your child. hes going to do what he wants in the long run.. but you tell him, its me and your baby.. or you can just take the weed and go! its so expensive its ridiculous and addicting. people say how its not addicting but it is!! if he doesnt want to quit.. i would seriously just leave! obviously he is not ready to be a father and isnt mature enough either. my boyfriend quit smoking and stuck with me, ditched his friends and now its just me and him drug free and as of last month, cigarette free! try to show him prices of baby things, diapers, formula, bottles, clothes, etc. maybe he will see its a bigger expense then he thinks! if my boyfriend didnt quit smoking weed.. i told him i would leave him and he knows i would. i want whats best for my child i dont want my little girl growing up with a father that does drugs, and smokes cigarettes. i grew up in an environment like that and i ended up smoking and doing drugs also, so there is no way im going to go back to that i want to be a good role model for my daughter! goodluck hun.. sometimes guys just cant grow up.. you cant change them. luckily i was fortunate to.. and i hope you are to for you and your babies sake.. tell him how you feel and keep up dont give up!! he has had 30 weeks to cut down and quit and he hasnt.. so tell him he has 10 weeks or thats it! stand up for yourself because you are completely right hun! i wish you the best of luck and i hope everything works out for you.

Source(s): 24 weeks with our first! its a girl!

Tell him in no uncertain terms Pot is illegal and it will not be smoked anymore or he can leave. Cigarettes, while not illegal, will have to be smoked outside since the dangers of second hand smoke. I say choose your battles and get him to quit pot first then move on to cigs. (if you insist he quit both at the same time, you are more likely to get more resistance)

tell him that if he doesn't stop smoking it, your gonna leave him. one of my friends did that and she left and he quit in about a week. and then she went back to him