Blister on the bottom of my foot from walking barefoot on hot ground?

It's summer here in New Zealand and today I walked to the shops with my friend in bare feet. It was a very hot day and my feet got burnt and now there is a big blister about 1cm below my 2nd toe on the bottom of my foot. It is very painful to walk on. Can anyone give me some tips on how to make this not hurt anymore and to make it go away? Thanks.

P.S Not walking is not an option as I have school.

• icnu
    Favorite Answer

If it's filled with water you can make a tiny hole on the side with a disinfected needle to let the water out, then bandage it, but leave the layer of skin as the skin underneath it will heal better that way.

And yes, the other suggestion would be "Don't walk as much" - let it rest to heal, so you can continue walking barefoot as soon as it heals.

I don't think a one centimeter blister is very big.

In my own experience, I have blistered an entire toe pad, and I have had up to one inch (2.54 centimeters) blisters behind the balls of the feet or on the outside of the heels. I just drained them, redrained them the next day if I needed to, and then gave them a couple of days to start healing and reattach. I also didn't immediately go out on the hottest or roughest surfaces after the blister had just started to fully reattach.

Stay out of sandy areas to avoid getting sand in the blister after it has been drained, before it has started to fully reattach.

All you can do is keep it clean so it doesn't get infected. When it pops and the skin is off you can cover with super glue(4-5 thin coats) to form a protective hard cover and that will help allot with the pain. Good Luck.

Try to avoid breaking the blister till the new skin grows underneath.

I'd put a plastic bandage on it and duct tape over that, especially if you're going to continue to go barefoot.

You might check with your local chemist and see what that have for burns. Also try apply as little pressure to the painful area as possible. Since you walking will be much slower, Allow extra time for your walking.

NiF

• Pamela

What type of scrubber are you using? Maybe you need a tougher one, like a PedEgg.