39 and a half foot pole? really?

I'm sure you all understand that came from How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I was listening to the song and thought, "why 39 and a half?" so, is there any significance or just a random number?

Favorite Answer

Not that I know of. 39.5 is a lot of random stuff. You could Google "39.5 significance" and get a bunch but not anything that pertains to the Grinch. I think the song writer just thought it was funny to say 39 and a half, instead of just 40.

Not entirely sure. I recall a 39 and a half foot poll used for something concerning animals. Possibly having to do with crocodiles/alligators. Hope I helped

39 1/2 feet is the approximate distance from the walking plank of an old ship to the ocean.

• its to express his extreme discust with the grinch, but he didnt want to come off as to mean by saying forty feet. you know?

that is quite random^^