LDS and fighting with hubby about when to have kids.?

My husband and I are LDS and we were married in the temple. There is a SUPER strong impact on families. We agreed when we were dating that when we married in June, we would start a family right away. This is what we both wanted. I also didn't want to live in FL anymore. I really wanted to go out west or... show more My husband and I are LDS and we were married in the temple. There is a SUPER strong impact on families. We agreed when we were dating that when we married in June, we would start a family right away. This is what we both wanted. I also didn't want to live in FL anymore. I really wanted to go out west or Tennessee or Colorado...anything with seasons. But when the wedding was a week away, he decided he wanted to wait a year. I was devastated but loved him and couldn't say no to that. Everyone's advice was to wait anyway. But here we are 5 months later and he has said he wants to wait 2-3 years. I am just not okay with that. The birth control is screwing up my body so much. My cycles are not regular and I feel so guilty when I take it. We want a big family and I'm 21, he's 27. We should be having babies and we just aren't. How can I convince him that through prayers, and lots of thought, I know its time to grow our family? He also says he will only sit for the FL bar which means we will be here forever...I hate FL! Help with these issues! He is in Law School with a year and a half left. I am working 2 jobs and going to school full time. I have 2 semesters left for my degree in Child Development. I work 65 hours a week + school + ALL of the housework. I do it all and make straight A's and have gotten 2 raises in the last 4 months. I am accelling at everything. I'm just really depressed because I thought I would have a cute bump and be staying home by now. And I'm still stuck in FL! :( The plan is for me to be a stay at home mom while he works/goes to school. I would give 100% of my time to our children. :)
17 answers 17