Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Is there a difference between the terms newbie and noob. ?

Bro an I had talk just now. I say newbie is another word for noob. Which saying that that the person sucks at the game. He say newbie is a new comer that will accept help form other players and a noob is a player that is new and think he knows it all.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • XIII
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, a newbie is a newcomer while a noob is an idiot who acts like they are good.

• apel
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Difference Between Noob And Newb

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A newbie; a person who has just arrived at something, wants to be accepted, wants to make a name of him/herself, wants to make friends, even. There is nothing wrong with these people. Example: ME

A noob; a person who is not necessarily new, but just wants to tick people off. This person is very unlikely to have an intelligence near the average, and many just want him/her to shut up and go to a chat channel. Many people are annoyed with this type. Example: YOU (just kidding)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Newbie = New player

Noob = Can mean new player, but is generally now used for someone who is bad at a game and uses cheap tactics to win (hence why the grenade launcher on COD is called the noobtube)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

newbie is someone that is new, period. It doesn't mean they're a smart alec or a shy kid, it just means they are new at something.

noob on the other hand, is open to a lot of definitions. I have heard it being used for new people, for idiots, or just an attempt to offend someone else online.

• 7 years ago

Newbie: is new player in game and maybe skilled or not

Noob:is ALREADY Not Skilled player

• 1 decade ago

i think your both wrong, i think noob is the slang version of newbie. And they both mean "new" which can be insulting to people who have been playing something for awhile

• 1 decade ago

Newbie = New comer

Noob = GAY.

• 5 years ago

In my family there is no difference, The inlaws are the outlaws~

• 1 decade ago

Noob comes from the word new. Newbie does too. They mean the same thing.

This...is....the....most.....r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d....question....ever....your....fking.....stupid....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.