Flying a small plane under radar?

is it still possible to "treetop" fly a small plane and stay off the governments radar...im guessing nowadays their radar is so advanced it can pick up hummingbirds if they really wanted to...just wondering....also do people still cross the us mexican border in planes and miss radar? im doing a report on... show more is it still possible to "treetop" fly a small plane and stay off the governments radar...im guessing nowadays their radar is so advanced it can pick up hummingbirds if they really wanted to...just wondering....also do people still cross the us mexican border in planes and miss radar? im doing a report on 1980's vs Todays cocaine smuggling for school cant find much info..... any help?
Update: Wow Guys, Thanks for the responses!!!!! you all have been extremely helpful! So many good answers i cant pick the best one. Thank you all so much... Im going to get an A. I can feel it. :) What about a piper comanche 400 with tip tanks? anyone know about this aircraft??? Range capabilities? you guys are all... show more Wow Guys, Thanks for the responses!!!!! you all have been extremely helpful! So many good answers i cant pick the best one. Thank you all so much... Im going to get an A. I can feel it. :) What about a piper comanche 400 with tip tanks? anyone know about this aircraft??? Range capabilities? you guys are all awesome!!!!!!
7 answers 7