Store brand mac & cheese?

Is there anyway to make store brand mac & cheese taste not so bland and uncheesy?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Sawyer
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I like to add sour cream or cream cheese. If you have processed cheese slices or velveeta, you can add some of that, too.

My kids like it when I add taco seasoning.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Velveeta ~ I out grew Kraft a long time ago. Velveeta has a creamier cheese. The soft cheese itself is in a package,compared to Kraft which is a powder cheese. I have not tried many other ones except for the T.V. dinner ones. But I know there are a lot of them out there because I saw on T.V. once that a guy collected Mac & Cheese boxes & he had hundreds of them.

• 9 years ago

I love cooking mac n cheese from the box. Here are some ways I like to prepare it (each line is a different way). I almost always add extra cheddar cheese and/or american cheese slices to each way depending on what I have available.

-Use sour cream instead of milk

-Add mustard (about 2 tablespoons)

-Add grated Parmesan

-Add the seasoning packet from a ramen noodle package

-Add Italian seasoning

-Add some chili powder and a little black pepper

-Add petite diced tomatoes or Ro-tell

-Add garlic, onion powder and dill

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Try that new Kraft Mac & Cheese in a bag, it's like a hometyle one i think? It's got bread crumbs over the top, it's delicious!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Instead of the mac & cheese I buy the shells & cheddar. Much more cheesy & I like to add cheddarwurst pieces (cooked) or bacon crumbles.

• 9 years ago

You can try using butter and canned milk or half-n-half instead of margarine and regular milk, granulated garlic and fresh grated black pepper or white pepper, a few dashes of Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce, and grate in some good sharp cheddar or parmesan at the end for a zing.

• 9 years ago

Trader Joe's! When you buy it you open it and see real cheese on top! Stir it and it is so good! Just make sure you eat it hot!

• 9 years ago

add the butter and milk and powder cheese to melt add extra cheese your favorite one on low heat until it is melted then add cooked pasta.

• 9 years ago

Why don't you just add some more cheese? :) And mebe a little bit of salt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.