HELP, is this Job a Scam?

I don't remember applying for this job ever but I got this email today, and im kinda spectacle about it

After reviewing your resume posted online, I would like to invite you to interview for one of the following open positions in your area.

> B2B Sales / Account Executive

> Regional Sales Management

> Telemarketing / Appointment Setting (Home Based)

Call 800.531.8575 x 100 or reply to this email to schedule an interview.

Learn more about us at our website www.valuedmerchants.com

Or review our advertisements on Monster.com (Search Keyword "Valued Merchant Services")

Also check us out on the Better Business Bureau website - We have an "A" Rating with 0 complaints

http://www.bbb.org/idahofalls/business-reviews/cre...

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you.

Warm Regards,

Chris Del Grande

President

Valued Merchant Services

A Registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank. N.A.

800-531-8575 Main

Ext. 102

208-243-0818 Direct

877-885-1740 Fax

chris@valuedmerchants.com

www.valuedmerchants.com

Best Answer

It is a scam, plain simple and completely.

They do not say where they saw your cv, just online. Real companies would say where they found your cv, and in most cases, if you do have your cv online, the agency that you are registered with, would be the clearing house that any employer would use to contact you.

This is from ripoff report

http://www.ripoffreport.com/credit-card-processing...

Please read here

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1...

for common signs of employment scams.

John Delaney

Source(s): www.scamwarners.com
  • Holly

seems like a scam to me. based on what you wrote it appears that all you do is accept payment and then send 90% of the payment on. If that is the case then it can only be a scam. Basically the scammer will eventually need you to tell them your bank account number, branch location, your identify, address, name, dob etc etc Once the scamer has all that info, they can take money out of your bank account. This is't a legit job ... nor is the company legit. If the company is legit it would have a business license and a bank account.

• corn

Valued Merchant Services

The job is 100% Legit. I have worked for them for 5 years. Not sure about unsolicited emails but I found them while applying for jobs in this field. Solid company, solid career, and I would recommend them to anyone.

well, you can check with BBB and if they say it is real then go for it. What do you have to lose? If you don't remember applying for it, maybe someone did it for you? Or maybe you did apply for it many many months ago.

You can also review the job post and see if it is a job you would apply for and if yes, then just be glad they contacted you.

This is arguable there are in fact multiple potential answers to this question...