What places are good at doing curly/wavy perms for a cheap/average price, but still good?

II have layered hair that reaches my chest and my hair is usually unhealthy-looking kind of frizzy. But then i got a straightened perm like a few months ago, and its gotten so much better, without the hassle in the mornings. But now i want a curly/wavy perm, and i dont know which one is better for me, or if i... show more II have layered hair that reaches my chest and my hair is usually unhealthy-looking kind of frizzy. But then i got a straightened perm like a few months ago, and its gotten so much better, without the hassle in the mornings. But now i want a curly/wavy perm, and i dont know which one is better for me, or if i should even get one. because im scared while if have my curly/wavy perm, my natural hair might grow back in and make it look crazy. but then a friend of mine- she got a perm and her hair started growing back out with the same texture as the perm... Odd.
soo...
yes or no to perm? if yes, a curly or wavy? (im scared curly will be too hard to manage...) and i live in alameda, Bay Area. a few people go get there hair done at Oakland Chinatown for cheap, but idk if its good. any sugguestions for good AND cheap places? and whats the price range?
thankss!