Simba
Simba asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 10 years ago

Environmental Engineering?

I'm doing a research project on Environmental Engineering and I have most of it down, but I can't find a couple of things. I need to know what a typical day for an Environmental Engineer is, the benefits of such a job, and the drawbacks. If possible, could you please list legitimate sources.

Thanks!

Alright, forget the benefits and drawbacks. I just need to know what a typical day for someone who has this job would be.

Favorite Answer

Environmental engineers use the principles of biology and chemistry to develop solutions to environmental problems. They are involved in water and air pollution control, recycling, waste disposal, and public health issues. Environmental engineers conduct hazardous-waste management studies in which they evaluate the significance of the hazard, advise on its treatment and containment, and develop regulations to prevent mishaps.

They design municipal water supply and industrial wastewater treatment systems, conduct research on the environmental impact of proposed construction projects, analyze scientific data, and perform quality-control checks. Environmental engineers are concerned with local and worldwide environmental issues.

Some may study and attempt to minimize the effects of acid rain, global warming, automobile emissions, and ozone depletion. They also may be involved in the protection of wildlife. Many environmental engineers work as consultants, helping their clients to comply with regulations, prevent environmental damage, and clean up hazardous sites.

http://careers.stateuniversity.com/pages/52/Enviro...