Kidney infection in man - can it cause infection in woman after sex?

This sounds a bit far fetched to me, but it's been told to a friend of mine that she can't have sex with her bf because he has a kidney infection and it may pass through when having sex. Is this some bunk he came up with to not be intimate with her? He won't let her talk to his doctor about the issue. Serious answers please.

Thanks for all the input so far. To give more information, the infection is in the kidney itself from an old injury. I don't know everything about the situation, but he is being treated. This has been going on for a few months now... she's getting testy.

Thanks!

• ?
    Favorite Answer

That sounds extremely far fetched to me as well, but I suppose it cannot be ruled out completely. However, even if this happened with a much higher frequency than I believe, this would only rule out unprotected sex. Using a condom should be sufficient protection against this killer kidney infection.

• doyan

Kidney Infection Men

1

Source(s): Reverse Kidney Disease Naturally : http://kidneyheal.trustdd.com/?eYoG

It is not far-fetched at all. Bacteria are little creatures that like to travel. If he has a kidney infection his doctor gave him sulfa or antibiotic drugs for it and within two days of taking either (assuming a culture was done and the drug was cross matched to the pathogen) sexual activity can be resumed, otherwise the bacteria can definitely pass out of his body along with the pre-ejaculate or sperm and cause an infection in her, though in most cases this rarely happens.

When you have a severe enough infection that it's gone up to your kidneys yourself you'll see that both urinating as well as ejaculation are painful-most likely this and the self consciousness associated with the sexual act is what's perturbing your friend. Why he wouldn't want to have her speak to the doctor is a bit suspicious.

A kidney infection from a urinary tract infection can most certainly be transmitted through sexual activity. I don't care for "don't talk to a doctor about it" bit, though. I'm suspicious by nature though and I would be thinking herpes or something he was REALLY afraid of her catching.

I couldn't just sit around and do nothing like my doctors suggested.

They didn't want me to do anything or to take herbs or herbal remedies, but I had to try something - they just wanted me to do dialysis!

This program allowed me to take control of my health. I went from Stage 4 to Stage 3 kidney disease.

It was easy to do and my BUN, creatinine and anemia are all in better ranges.

Reversing Your Kidney Disease?

Yes, he can. It is easier for a female to contract a UTI from sex than a male, but it's not unheard of. Generally speaking, UTIs don't make your penis swell up, but you should definitely see your primary care provider, as this could be a sign of something serious. Go as soon as you can.

• KB929

Not unless he is urinating inside her or on her, but even then I think it's pretty far fetched.