How much is a copy of "David Copperfield" if it was published in 1918?

It has "first edition" printed in it and we're not sure about the publishing house. No one I've talked to can tell me and searches in rare book stores and online have produced prices from USD $3 to 8, 135.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Lomax
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Since David Copperfield was first published in 1850, what you have is not a first edition, whatever it says.

The volume you have is almost certainly worth very little.

• 10 years ago

It might be a 'first edition' of that particular publisher's edition, but it's not a first edition of the book per se, as it was first published in the mid-1800s.

I'm afraid that $3 is a lot more likely than $8,000. There are thousands and thousands of editions of David Copperfield available and in the world of book collecting, a book from 1918 isn't even very old.

A genuine 1850 first edition of David Copperfield would sell for thousands of dollars, yes. A version printed in 1918 would not.

• 10 years ago

Likely on the low end of $3.

David Copperfield was first published in novel form in 1850, so your copy is definitely not a first edition.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How much is a copy of "David Copperfield" if it was published in 1918?

It has "first edition" printed in it and we're not sure about the publishing house. No one I've talked to can tell me and searches in rare book stores and online have produced prices from USD $3 to 8, 135.

Source(s): copy quot david copperfield quot published 1918: https://biturl.im/OVFkH
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay. I would go with the rare book stores. There is usually a good one on or near any university campus. Their owners are collectors!

• 10 years ago

$2.78

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.