why do people say that derrick rose does not have a consistent jumpshot?

what a bunch of idiots 71 percent of derrick roses points are from jumpshots do these people even watch derrick rose play

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Compare to other point guards he's not a naturally gifted shooter ........but he has improved and come a long way.....if you look at point guards like stephan curry , deron williams, cp3 or steve nash having a good shooting touch is natural for them.........but players like derrick rose , john wall , rajon rondo didn't come with a jumpshot when they came into the nba but most people will overlook that because they are apathetic in other aspects of their game.....

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Because Derrick Rose still has the drive to become a better player. He plays the game because he loves it, not because of all the other things that come along with it. Lebron lost that a long time ago. Its all about the fame and money for him now. When people call you a prodigy in high school, it takes away from that drive.

• 9 years ago

The only reason he is getting numbers like that is because if you were defending him you would challenge him to shoot it rather than drive. If Rose was slow and people actually guarded him he would be 35% on the season. (Assuming he was slow)

Only 24% of his points off jumpers are assisted, which means he shoots more off the dribble which further proves my point.

I'm a huge Rose fan and follow the Bulls, Rose is quite possibly my favorite player at the moment but he does not have a jump shot. This is just simply being good at one thing that makes him better at another. A sick player but if he truly became a jump shot fest and players moved up on him, people would fairly judge his jumper. He is still a better shooter than Rondo and stuff, but hes average for his position.

• 9 years ago

I'd agree, that was last year, last year he didn't have a jump shot really...but during the off season he's been working on it...and you can definitely see the improvement, he can even shoot the 3 now and then. But you can see how he has it now, which definitely ranks him up among all the point guards now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Last NBA season DRose was the bst shooter in the NBA from 12-17 feet.

This year he is even better!

Those that hate don't watch him play.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.