How replace thermostat on LHS?

I have a 1995 Chrysler LHS that I need to replace the thermostat. How do I do that?

Favorite Answer

just from experience from radiator top hose fallow it to head and that housing remove and it should be their good luck to bolts hold housing down make sur not to tighten to much brake easily

Source(s): jdmallstar
  • C-Tech

In order to keep from making a big mess, drain some of the coolant from the radiator by opening the drain at the bottom of the radiator, or by disconnecting the upper radiator hose. Unbolt the thermostat housing located at the intake manifold. Replace the thermostat and gasket (clean the mating surfaces first), bolt the thermostat housing down (do not overtighten the bolts), connect the upper hose, and fill with fresh coolant. Start engine and check for leaks, if no leaks let engine idle and make sure it does not overheat. Good luck.

Source(s): Airport Chrysler tech 10+ years