promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Jeff C asked in SportsOther - Sports · 9 years ago

college sports???????????????/?

i was hoping i would have an opportunity to play football or hockey in college. i never really got the chance to play on an organized team, as i had to focus on my grades and i moved so many times that i never got to play on a junior hockey team but i do play frequently and i think i am pretty good. what are the chances that i would be able to play div I II or III sports if i haven't played on an organized team before and if not, how can i get to play in college?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

First of all, to legally play at a college, you must be registered with the NCAA. That means you have to sign up with the NCAA Clearinghouse. That enables coaches to even look at you. Depending on how good you are, and how knowledgeable your coaches are, your coaches should be able to help you along the way. You could always search for a personal trainer and do your best to get better. You could always play at a Junior College and the transfer, but I recommend checking out The NCAA Clearinghouse website.

Also, coaches don't go to you, you have to go to them. If you really want to play at their school, contact them by email, filling out a questionnaire, and advertising yourself on websites such as berecruited.com. You could also show them who you are by going to their college sporting events. They will become accustomed to your face and might wonder who you are. You could also attend camps that they have for your sport.

If you get into the college of your dreams with just academics, great! There are always club teams at most colleges that you could play for. Some are travel, and some are recreational. You can also always walk-on. That means that you try out for the college team, and if you make it, you are on the team but not with a scholarship.

Please do your research on the NCAA Rules and Guidelines before you do anything.

Best of luck!

This is the NCAA Clearinghouse Website: http://eligibilitycenter.org/

Source(s): Personal experience.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Cathy
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Well, make sure to at least play with your high school team.

And then you should e-mail coaches at the colleges your are interested in going to. It may even just be your local jr. college - but that's still college ball! You could always transfer after your play J.C. ball.

Good luck.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well in high school, there is a football scout that will find good players and recruit them to their college.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.